Surprise.com is on a mission to help people make a positive impact on themselves, their teams, and their communities. Our flagship product, Surprise for Teams™, is the world’s first and only SuccessOS™. Surprise for Teams makes it fun and irresistible to perform better, which creates a positive, long-lasting impact on people and their organizations.
We are currently looking for a Lead Architect to join our development teams in Lviv (Magnus) and help us continue delivering a world-class experience to our users.
What will you be doing?
- Architecting and designing new functional and non-functional subsystems of the product;
- Defining strategy for migration of existing parts of the product into microservices architecture;
- Creating the architecture and technical design of the system for scalability and ability handle high load (millions MAUs);
- Providing leadership and mentoring for technical leads;
- Providing insights on best technical solutions and practices, ensuring successful and efficient product development;
- Designing monitoring, reporting, and alerting systems across all infrastructure services;
- Assisting with problem management to increase response times, time to restore, and system availability;
- Assisting with implementation and/or redesign of AWS environments;
- Assisting with implementation and supporting of CI and CD stacks for development.
What are we looking for?
- 7+ year of experience in the software development industry;
- Extensive experience as a tech lead and/or architect;
- Proven experience developing backend architecture, including designing and implementation of CI/CD pipelines;
- Expert knowledge of any OOP language, Java and RoR would be a big advantage;
- Sprong exposure to AWS, Heroku, RDBMS, NoSQL;
- Technical proficiency in the scaling, security, and performance of enterprise applications, preferably with previous experience in consumer products;
- Experience working with globally distributed teams and managing other architects;
- Upper Intermediate English or higher (B2+).
What skills will come in handy?
- Being an analytical and creative thinker who can approach problems from a first-principles-based framework;
- Being an excellent communicator who can use compelling arguments to influence outcomes;
- Experience working in a high-growth, early-stage startup.
At Surprise.com, we’re committed to hiring builders who are inspired by our team’s guiding principle: to derive a tremendous sense of purpose from the inner quest for excellence itself, being driven from within to make anything we touch to be the best it can be. We take pride in developing deep user understanding, obsess about the details, and go the extra mile to show our users we love them. We are first and foremost customer-driven — engineering, product, and design collaborate as equals to create a phenomenal end-user experience.
- Work on interesting and challenging projects, while building a pioneering software category;
- Great atmosphere, with the vibe and energy of a high-growth tech company;
- Competitive salaries;
- Option of equity;
- Close collaboration between UA and US team members;
- Ultramodern offices in the heart of Lviv (Magnus) and Kyiv (Gulliver);
- Flexible working hours;
- Complimentary dinners (like Pizza Friday!);
- English classes and an immersive English-speaking work environment (we have a lot of native speakers at the office);
- Ability to travel to the US;
- Corporate activities and parties;
- Dedicated wellness area in the office;
- 20 working days of paid vacation;
- 15 days of paid sick leave;
- And, of course, we use Surprise internally!