Surprise.com is on a mission to help people make a positive impact on themselves, their teams, and their communities. Our flagship product, Surprise for Teams™, is the world’s first and only SuccessOS™. Surprise for Teams makes it fun and irresistible to perform better, which creates a positive, long-lasting impact on people and their organizations.
We are hiring an experienced Software Development Manager. A Software Development Manager is primarily responsible for coordinating and managing the entire software development process. An SDM oversees a team/team’s performance, schedule, capacity, and projects to ensure business goals are met. A Software Development Manager plays a crucial role in the day-to-day operations of the department and functional team/teams, providing clear direction, mentorship, ownership, and prioritization during the application’s development process, ensuring constant stability and improvement of delegated ecosystem Feature(s).
What will you be doing?
- Delivering projects and products using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently;
- Taking full ownership over a delegated Feature(s), as well as teams and resources, assigned to the Functional unit;
- Identifying key business objectives and providing solution recommendations while performing business proofs;
- Working with the Product Manager to define the roadmap for any given Feature and evaluating user stories from a technical perspective;
- Ensuring all delegated Features are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (alpha/beta/production);
- Setting up procedural guidelines to establish a successful delivery process;
- Ensuring that operations are cost-effective and stay within budget;
- Handling all challenges in support of company-wide projects/programs delivered in a form of efficient scoping, prioritization, and requested functionality delivery expedition;
- Mediating and resolving cross-team negotiation issues, acting as a point of escalation for stakeholders and team members;
- Orchestrating team/teams backlog and scope adjusting to strict deadlines and business goals;
- Implementing and maintaining Feature and team/teams KPIs, metrics, and operational excellence according to industry best practices;
- Acting as liaison officer between different teams to build partnerships and develop solutions.
What are we looking for?
- 8–10 years of experience in technology development, with at least five years spent on using Python;
- Proven experience developing software projects effectively;
- Strong ability to develop code using modern languages and frameworks, such as Python with any web framework (Fast API is preferable);
- Established experience with project management programs, SCRUM, and different variants of AGILE techniques are also expected, along with familiarity with code management and Continuous Integration/Delivery Implementation (CI/DI);
- Experience working with distributed microservice systems;
- Strong analytical skills and result oriented mindset;
- Sense of product ownership;
- Upper-Intermediate level of English.
At Surprise.com, we’re committed to hiring builders who are inspired by our team’s guiding principle: to derive a tremendous sense of purpose from the inner quest for excellence itself, being driven from within to make anything we touch to be the best it can be. We take pride in developing deep user understanding, obsess about the details, and go the extra mile to show our users we love them. We are first and foremost customer-driven — engineering, product, and design collaborate as equals to create a phenomenal end-user experience. We’re also home for numerous internal teams building internally facing tools for customer service, finance, and others, to keep the operation afloat.
- Work on interesting and challenging projects, while building a pioneering software category;
- Great atmosphere, with the vibe and energy of a high-growth tech company;
- Competitive salaries;
- Option of equity;
- Close collaboration between UA and US team members;
- Ultramodern office in the heart of Kyiv (Gulliver);
- Flexible working hours;
- Complimentary dinners (like Pizza Friday!);
- English classes and an immersive English-speaking work environment (we have a lot of native speakers at the office);
- Ability to travel to the US;
- Corporate activities and parties;
- Dedicated wellness area in the office;
- 20 working days of paid vacation;
- 15 days of paid sick leave;
- And, of course, we use Surprise internally!