With over 65 years of experience in the Automotive Industry, our client is based in Michigan and creating cutting edge technology solutions/digital products. This is a key role which involves working directly with the CTO on a daily basis and helping define the product solution(s) in addition to architecting and engineering them. You’ll be working with a talented engineering team and have the opportunity to lead complex technical decisions and solve challenging tasks. The culture is friendly and open, your opinion and thoughts will be valued. You’ll be a part of Transcenda but you’ll also feel that you are truly a part of the client’s team. We’ve worked with this client for over 9 years and it really is a dream project. You’ll be in the position to really use a product-focused mindset and make a meaningful contribution to both product development and product ideas/features. At Transcenda we believe in an inclusive and open-minded approach where people treat each other right.
Our culture isn’t something employees join, it’s something they build and shape. We believe that every person deserves to be heard and empowered. If you’re on the fence about whether you’re a fit, we say go for it. Let’s build something great together.
• 7+ years of professional experience in building WEB applications
• A full-stack mindset to cope with issues across the back-end, web front-end & mobile
• Experience with Python, Flask, SQLAlchemy
• Experience with RDBMS such as MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
• Experience with Amazon Web Services and DevOps practices
• Understanding of REST, HTTP, Websockets, TCP/IP networking
• Excellent communication skills in written and verbal English
• Team player with the ability to work in a distributed team
• Understanding of Agile software development principles
• Experience with Open API (aka Swagger)
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes
• Experience with Ansible and Terraform
• Experience with Redis
• Understanding of Linux/Unix systems administration
• Experience with test-driven development practices (unit tests, integration, e2e)
• Experience in setting up the CI/CD pipelines, specifically Travis CI
• Competitive compensation with annual merit increase reviews.
• Generous PTO/Vacation.
• PE tax coverage (5%).
• 100% medical and sports coverage.
• Professional & soft skills training.
• Schedule flexibility and work-from-home options.
• Drive engineering from concept to finished product
• Write clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code
• Contribute to client-side and server-side architecture
• Contribute to infrastructure and servers setup automation
• Collaborate with UI/UX designers, software engineers, data scientists, and product managers
• Participate in code reviews
We are building the software that runs in a browser and is used for electrical circuits diagnostic of the vehicle during post-production verification. There is a prototype that was tested on a factory assembly line for one of our clients and got very positive results. The product needs to be expanded with new features and finalized for production. There are much more interesting details we cannot write here because of NDA but we do can describe them via phone 🙂