We are a boutique technology company that has close relationships with several partners, working hand in hand with them to deliver high-quality software from a roadmap of innovative and complex features in a high-transactional environment.
- Writing backend code and tests (with an eye for full stack) as well as leveraging open source technologies to get reliable results;
- Improving code quality through testing, refactoring, peer-reviews, and pair programming while emphasizing simplicity;
- Championing software quality, innovation and appropriate technology choices;
- Working effectively in an agile team using Scrum, XPand Lean practices, e.g. participating in daily stand-ups, planning sessions, showcases and retrospectives;
- Collaborating with business stakeholders and internal users to design and deliver products that attract new customers and keep them coming back;
- Writing end-to-end user stories that steer a technical design that can be iteratively developed by the entire team;
- Performing root cause analysis to ensure that mistakes are properly understood and not repeated;
- Contributing to coding standards and guidelines a swell as setting a good example of adhering to them;
- Standing by your solutions to ensure that both you and the team have the tools and ability to support its operation after hours.
- Extensive knowledge of Java, Spring and associated technologies: JUnit, Web Application Servers (e.g. Jetty/Tomcat), Gradle/Maven/Ant;
- Strong knowledge ofMySQL and writing optimized database queries;
- Thorough understanding of architectural software concepts, Object-Oriented and Functional programming, MVC/MV* architectures, asynchronous server communication;
- Experience in the design and development of RESTful web services and JSON handling;
- Able to use Git and understand distributed version control strategies;
- Software craftsman, with a rigorous and disciplined approach to writing simple and effective software but not afraid to learn from failure and tell others about mistakes;
- Knowledgeable in web software architectures and design patterns;
- You champion agile principles and are a strong advocate for Continuous Delivery, TDD, Refactoring and Pair Programming;
- Familiar with using a tracking system such as JIRA;
- Have an aptitude and willingness to learn the business domain and new technologies;
- A genuinely nice person, opinionated but humble enough to work with anyone.
- Familiar with Groovy, Spock, Hibernate, Spring Boot;
- Have used cloud services like AWS orGoogle App Engine;
- Experience of integrating backend services with NodeJS, Angular, Ionic or a similar framework for mobile site development;
- Experience of using Google Analytics and logging services like Datadog and Splunk to track product usage and drive features;
- Knowledge of multi-threaded programming and concurrency;
- Experience using virtual services like Docker to automatically build new environments for development and testing;
- Track record of delivering scalable applications that are performant under high traffic volumes and leverage aCDN like Fastly;
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment with scripting languages;
- Interested in full stack development and a dev-ops approach to delivery.
- Self Motivated team player;
- Reliable person in development;
- Keen to do things better;
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Product goals-oriented
- Team player
You will get:
- Working in a product company with a dynamic environment and several projects.
- Act and improve. Your ideas for improvements.
- Team of motivated professionals.
- Continuous self-improvement and growth, including certifications and courses.
- Medical insurance.
- Competitive official salary and Bonuses.
- Office in a historical part of Kyiv, Podil (near ‘Kontraktova square’ subway station).
- Fresh fruit and snacks;
- Corporate events and fun team-building activities.