Open Commerce is a technology suite that enables marketing professionals in the fuel & convenience industry to create real-time, hyper-personalized offers and customer interactions across a variety of channels (mobile, web, SMS, and in-person) to drive customer behavior toward a desired goal.
Our technology bridges financial payment providers, retail fuel pump technology, and customer experience by wrapping low-level standards-compliant integrations with powerful software abstractions on an ultra-modern software platform. Our platform services and applications are built using a broad swath of technologies (Typescript, Node.js, Ruby, React, and others), interconnected via GraphQL and RabbitMQ, and run in AWS using Terraform, Helm, and Kubernetes (via EKS).
Stuzo has its headquarters in center city Philadelphia and leverages a diverse distributed product engineering and operations team across the United States and Ukraine. Stuzo offers highly competitive compensation and benefits, as well as an engineering-friendly and product-centric culture. On Stuzo’s Open Commerce team, we embrace a deeply collaborative software product process where engineering, design, and product collaborate to shape and ship new functionality.
● Proven professional expertise with front-end software engineering using React;
● Deep familiarity with web browsers as a platform, as well as markup, CSS, and the usability aspects of developing UIs for the web;
● Experience consuming backend APIs, and implementing front-end code against new and actively-evolving backend systems;
● Familiarity with TypeScript, or similar modern strongly-typed language;
● Experience with front-end state management architectures (such as Flux/Redux, Elm, or similar);
● Strong understanding and familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and automated tests;
● Highly independent and able to effectively self-organize and prioritize work;
● The ability to write clean code, and the discipline to write effective automated tests to deliver high-quality system improvements;
● An ability to effectively break down larger bodies of work for delivery as a series of small, self-contained changes to the system;
● BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent years of professional working experience;
● Strong verbal and written English skills.
● Working with the team, design and implement new functionality for our web-based applications based on product objectives and requirements;
● Implement modern, performant front-end user interfaces for the Web using TypeScript on the React stack
● Assist product and design in the shaping of product features prior to implementation;
● Work closely with our design team to evolve and maintain our visual design system, and build user-facing interfaces that align to our design standards;
● Work with the broader product engineering team to plan and coordinate feature and functionality improvements, as well as bugs and technical enhancements, that cross-cut large parts of our platform;
● Work to continually learn, improve technology skills, expand knowledge of the Open Commerce platform technologies, and gain increasing versatility across the breadth of our platform systems.
● Long-term employment;
● Competitive compensation with regular performance-based salary and career
● 22 working days of vacation per year;
● 8 paid sick leave working days per year;
● Health insurance program;
● Flexible working hours;
● Sponsored company educational program, corporate library, Toastmasters club;
● Comfortable and cozy office or full time remote;
● Funny celebrations, team outings, and company events;
● A unique and friendly environment where everyone can explore and learn new technologies.