● 3+ years of experience in Software testing
● Strong experience with Automation testing
● Ability to analyze and troubleshoot complex data-based testing scenarios
● Familiarity with cloud-based / micro-services architecture
More about you
● Good level of English
● Willingness to learn and open mind about new technologies
● Confident to operate in a fast-paced environment
● A collaborative approach and willingness to engage in an environment of active idea sharing
● Ability to learn autonomously
● Excellent all-round communications skills
● Experience with Kafka stream-processing platform
● Ability to review mathematical calculations
90POE’s mission is big. It is not going to be easy but with the support and determination from our stakeholders and the brilliant people we have hired we can achieve anything. Right now, we are seeking an experienced Data QA engineer to validate our data stream pipelines. Raw Data is streamed in our system by processes like ETL, after aggregation, enrichment and manipulation results are saved into materialized views that product teams rely on to build user applications. 90poe is looking to improve the capability of testing such data pipeline.
We expect that the right candidate would acquire maritime domain specific knowledge, thanks to the high exposure to domain data, therefore no prior domain expertise is required.
What’s in it for you?
● Working with latest cutting-edge data streaming technologies
● Helping to disrupt a century old industry in a startup environment
● Having direct influence in how we build our data streaming platform at 90poe
● Opportunity to grow and develop your core skills
● Deliver a green field system
● Work with a diverse multicultural team in an agile environment
● Variety of knowledge sharing and self-development opportunities
● Competitive salary
● State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere, which creates good working conditions
● Opportunity to travel to the London office
● Occasional visits to vessels to observe how our software and hardware is being used in the real world
● Experience firsthand the squad-chapter-guild workflow model, our version of the Spotify model
Primarily we are looking for somebody to manage from design to execution the testing phase related to all time-series streaming data pipelines:
● help writing acceptance criteria
● prepare test data and mocks services
● prepare tests
● configuration of CI/CD for these tests
● evaluate and feedback on tests results
This is a hands-on position for an expert QA engineer. In addition to practical coding and QA skills, an important aspect is played by soft skills tasks such as:
● researching, gathering, organizing tests around data
● evangelizing the importance of testing with real-world data to strength the system
● enhancing a cultural shift in intensive data applications development cycle
Ninety Percent of Everything is looking for an experienced professional to join the team in central Kyiv on a full-time basis, as Data QA Engineer.
Our goal is to revolutionise shipping by creating a suite of comprehensive software solutions for the Maritime industry. Our journey begins now. Over the next couple of years, our teams and squads will build more than 30 products from the ground up. This includes everything from global vessel tracking to vessel performance analysis, crew optimisation and so much more. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to apply cutting-edge technology to revolutionising an iconic industry.
Our tech stack consists of React and React Native applications communicating using GraphQL to microservices containers orchestrated by Kubernetes. Internally our services use gRPC for communication and achieve high scalability thanks to an Apache Kafka based event driven architecture and persist data to a mix of RDBS and No-SQL databases including PostgresDB, MongoDB, S3 and Elasticsearch. We follow modern CI/CD and agile methodologies to deploy into production multiple times per week.