We are looking for a talented Principal Software Engineer who will join the team that work for one of our US customers.
- 5+ years of professional experience shipping scalable SaaS products
- 8+ years experience with a modern, high level language (ideally Java).
- 5+ years professional experience with relational and non-relational databases.
- 3+ years in a team leadership role (team lead, principal, staff, etc).
- 3+ years professional experience with a cloud provider (ideally AWS).
- Experience building large-scale, consumer-facing enterprise SaaS software.
- Design and development of REST APIs.
- Experience designing microservices connected by stream processing, Kafka preferred.’
- Strong hands-on Kubernetes experience.
- Experience in optimizing applications for speed and scalability.
- Experience driving team improvement through process improvement and mentoring.
- Strong communication skills and a desire for transparency.
- Experience working as part of an agile team (Scrum or Kanban).
Would Be A Plus:
- Creation of GraphQL APIs.
- Experience with domain-driven design.
- Experience with serverless, including scaling and deployment strategies.
- Architect, design and develop robust APIs, microservices and data models.
- Build services with strong focus on latency, availability and scalability.
- Build, test, and deploy with technologies like AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, GitHub Actions and ArgoCD.
- Support, troubleshoot, and monitor production systems.
- Act as a key contributor to analysis and evolution of scenarios that are pivotal to future sustained growth and success, and act as an evangelist for robust technical foundations.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across Design, Product Management, and Engineering.
- Be part of a culture-focused, globally distributed team.
- A competitive salary and flexible compensation package
- Flexible working format: remote, office-based, co-working space
- Professional development tools (mentorship program, tech talks and trainings)
- Medical insurance
- Free corporate English classes and speaking clubs with a native speaker
- Various corporate events and team buildings
- Performance review every six months.
The team is building a product that is aimed to automate the budgeting process for different government institutions and consist of the following modules:
- Open Cloud is the only integrated cloud solution for budgeting, performance, communications, and reporting. This multi-tenant Software-as-a-Service (“SaaS”) solution connects stakeholders to the budget process, engages them for real-time feedback, accurately forecasts personnel costs, and integrates with key government systems, resulting in improved outcomes, enhanced internal efficiencies, and more time for strategic planning
- Budgeting and Performance streamline and transforms the budget process from the initial stages of strategic planning and personnel forecasting on through final publication while enabling collaboration throughout. Leverage budgeting and performance modules to plan and manage strategic initiatives by capturing priorities, tying budgets to initiatives, identifying key outcomes, and engaging stakeholders
- Communications and Reporting are used by governments for engaging with constituents and stakeholders. With this module, leaders can analyze and communicate complex topics and decisions in a simple manner anyone can understand. Agencies are able to build trust with colleagues and residents by gathering input on key initiatives and aligning budget and the strategic plan to both performance objectives and public expectations
- Open Data is powered by enterprise-ready CKAN, delivers public data to civic developers, businesses, and citizens.
This solution provides a hosted and managed CKAN instance with customizable portals Product company was founded in 2012 and is constantly growing and extending the market. As of April 2019, it serves over 2000 government entities and has more than 150 employees. Main offices are located in Redwood City (Headquarters), New York and Portland.