* BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
* 4+ years experience building and scaling resilient products/services
* Deep experience writing code in at least 3 of the following: Go, C++, Python, PHP,
* Previous scaling experience with: Amazon AWS, scaling large DBs and tables, MySQL, Node.js, No-SQL DBs (Mongo etc), NGINX, Varnish
* Contributor to any open-source projects
* Curious, very interested in learning new areas such as open-source development, WSIWYG tools, video trans-coding and delivery at scale, and more.
* We hire for passion, work ethic, and attitude. Everything else can be learned.
* We value speed of execution over perfection. Products are never perfect when released
* Culture fit (you can probably get a sense of culture from our website): streamlabs.com/about
* We’re a small team and believe a lot in empathy. You will not be micro-managed. You will have complete freedom in how you implement product features and carry a ton of responsibility
* Excited to build new products from ground up. Comfortable with ambiguity
* Full stack and ability to own fronted, backend or data layer
* Previous experience building services that can withstand large traffic fluctuations
* Solid open-source contributions that you can demonstrate
* You’re a gamer and watch livestreams online on Twitch or Youtube. We are all gamers and you will fit in quite nicely.
Why This Role:
* Have massive IMPACT on a brand-new product (ctrl+N new project)
* Take ownership of a new product line from day 1
* Have millions of streamers use it on release
* Help decide tech stack, architecture and frameworks we’ll use
* You will be working directly with the founder/ceo
We are Streamlabs, a technology startup based in San Francisco and Vancouver. We build tools and software allowing live streamers to engage with viewers, monetize their broadcasts, and grow their channels. $275m+ paid out to streamers since 2014. 70% of the Top 25K livestreamers on Twitch and other platforms use our tools to broadcast or monetize their streams. This company is poised to change the livestreaming industry in the next couple of years — and you can be a big part of it.
Competitive salary, equity, bonuses and benefits. This location is in Vancouver, Canada. We will help with visa sponsorship.