WE ARE: StartupSoft connects top Ukrainian engineers with world-class startups from Silicon Valley and EU. Our developers work directly on the product as an integral part of the startup team.
PROJECT DESCRIPTION: DOWN is a social app for honest dating and interesting conversations with over 10 million users. Users can choose whether they want to Date or Hookup (in American slang, “Get Down”) with other users, so their intentions are clear. Plus, we are adding fun voice features and apps to expand in social beyond dating!
STACK: Kotlin, RoR
STAGE: founded 2013
TEAM: 14 full-timers in total (product people, 1 Android, QAs)
- Ruby on Rails development experience in a production environment;
- Scalable development and deployment;
- Experience with cloud deployment/ops/optimization;
- Experience with terraform or any infra as code tool;
- Experience with database + query optimization;
- Experience with Algorithm design;
- Experience with serverless architectures and microservices;
- Understanding of DevOps principles and best practices;
- Experience with RESTful;
- Knowledge of security best practices for web and mobile applications;
- Experience with version control (git) and agile development methodologies;
- Experience with automated testing frameworks;
- Experience with database at scale (partitioning/sharding / perf-opt, etc).
WOULD BE A PLUS:
- Web development (JS, etc.);
- Kubernetes prod experience;
- Go lang experience;
- Team management;
- Performance optimization.
- Run high-impact A/B and multivariate testing experiments at scale, analyzing results, and deploying positive changes to reach business goals;
- Problem-solving: think of and then implement solutions to technical problems presented by the product team;
- Design and implement backend server architectures;
- Monitor and optimize the performance of existing systems;
- Work closely with engineering and product teams to ensure successful product delivery;
- Implement security best practices to protect customer data;
- Work with the team to improve our development processes;
- Stay up to date with the latest trends in backend/cloud development;
- Work with the support team to optimize/automate the support flow for our user success.
YOU WILL GET:
- Competitive financial reward and other social benefits;
- Possibility to work with minor supervision and low-bureaucracy;
- Flexible schedule and friendly working atmosphere;
- Tight-knit team with an inclusive and transparent culture.