B-Stock is the world’s largest B2B re-commerce marketplace for excess [or surplus] merchandise. Businesses of all sizes leverage the B-Stock platform to sell and buy customer returns, overstock and other excess merchandise — ranging from top brands and retailers who want best-in-class inventory management to entrepreneurs looking to source valuable merchandise for their resale businesses. Tens of thousands of small business owners all over the globe use B-Stock to launch and power their resale business.
We take pride in empowering these innovators and entrepreneurs of commerce. In 2020 we sold 120 million items across our platform, giving a second life to this otherwise would be “waste” merchandise. In fact, we kept 400 million pounds of goods in use and saved millions from the landfill. It feels good to be B-Stock! The amount of returned or unsold inventory continues to grow each year, and in 2020, it was estimated at over $1 trillion worth worldwide. We know there is tremendous value in and demand for this inventory — no matter the category, condition, or location. The B-Stock platform gives buyers a simple way to buy brand-name merchandise directly from top retailers and manufacturers.
At the same time, we offer companies an automated, trusted replacement for traditional liquidation while boosting operational efficiency, recovery rates, and cycle time. Led by eBay veterans and backed by top investors including Spectrum Equity, True Ventures, and Susquehanna Growth Equity, B-Stock shows no signs of slowing down. Our core values have shaped the company we are today and will continue to drive our success for many years to come.
Currently, we’ve got 14 people in Ukraine working for B-Stock.
Qualifications and skills
- Overall more than 4+ years’ experience with system design and development of web applications
- 2+ years of production experience with ReactJS
- Expertise with mobile and desktop browser concerns, capabilities and limitations;
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
Nice to have
- Experience with styled-components
- UX design experience
- NextJS, react-query, react testing library experience
- Contribute code to a Single Page Application using React
- Facilitate asynchronous calls between UI and Restful API’s
- Creating a complex responsive UI
- Writing unit-tests using React Testing Library
- Participate in code review
- Handle cross-cutting concerns like authentication/authorization, I18N, logging, security, and testing into developer boilerplates to minimize production errors
- Interact directly with UX/UI designers to implement UX/UI strategies and designs
- Understanding the individual product requirements for future product release development and innovation
- Ongoing interaction with designers, project managers and testing on the application usability, features, and performance
- Interpret wireframes and requirements documents into sound technical solutions
- Work on projects from product requirements to launch, including code review,
- unit-testing, testing, and deployment
- Work with top entrepreneurs and startups from Silicon Valley and EU
- Become an integral part of the core team — be more than someone who just writes code
- Potential to receive equity in high-growth startups
- Contribute to well-funded products with potential to impact millions
- Beautiful offices in the best locations with high-end amenities
- Tight-knit team with an inclusive and transparent culture
- Only the latest, modern technologies with no legacy code and management bureaucracy
- Above average salary, benefits & medical insurance