At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City and other vibrant design, technology and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
You will be an essential part of the Star HealthTech Practice using your knowledge to lead technical projects. Your primary tasks will be to investigate client requirements, propose solutions and assist product delivery teams in planning and executing software development projects through all development lifecycle steps. You will work together with our global HealthTech industry team, our local metro teams, and our engineering teams in different locations.
The ideal candidate will be an independent-thinking technologist.
Qualifications and experience:
- 8+ years of professional experience in tech product development;
- 5+ years of strong client-facing experience and the ability to understand client challenges and articulate solutions;
- Solid experience and deep understanding of the healthcare industry;
- Experience architecting solutions to meet medical regulation (HIPAA, FDA, EU MDR HITRUST);
- Demonstrated experience in the conceptualization and development of products in digital healthcare, medtech and life sciences;
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and agile development process (including agile engineering practices and DevOps);
- Hands-on knowledge and experience with at least one of the modern server- and client-side technical stacks:
- BE Stack: Java, C#, node.js, Python;
- Mobile: Swift, Kotlin, Flutter.
- Good knowledge of cybersecurity and sensitive information processing approaches, related regulatory requirements and standards;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- The ability to lead business and technology discussions directly with Star’s commercial teams as well as with clients and prospective clients.
Would be a plus:
- Experience with healthcare interoperability (EMR, insurance, HL7, FHIR, LOINC, SNOMED, ICD 10, etc.);
- Experience with ISO 13485 projects (at least Class II devices);
- Familiarity with design-driven problem solving and product development approaches;
- Experience working with, and leading, distributed international development teams;
- Familiarity with one or more of the following:
- Web Application development;
- Mobile applications development;
- Data science or automation.
- Take part in meetings and workshops for client and prospective clients;
- Capture technical notes, create technical documentation and provide reference documents for local and offshore production teams;
- Investigate client requests and problems, then analyze options and propose solutions;
- Along with the rest of the team, craft compelling proposals and pitches that are built on a strong narrative and are technically state-of-the-art;
- Facilitate and assist product delivery teams in planning and managing the execution of software development projects through all steps of the development lifecycle;
- Hands-on contribution to system and software architecture definition, and software implementation of development projects;
- Contribute to defining and enhancing our global HealthTech practices;
- Ability to adapt to the ever-changing industry and team’s needs;
- Thought leadership including articles, webinars and conference presentations.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation and benefits package, intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability have no effect on our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.