What We Expect of You:
Other requirements include:
● 3+ years developing in Python using Django, Flask, FastAPI, or any other web framework
● Experience with Docker or Kubernetes and configuration management
● Experience with relational databases (Postgres, MySQL, or any other)
● Experience with NoSQL databases (DynamoDB, Casandra, or any other)
● Intermediate English.
Extra Points For:
● Experience with AWS or any other cloud provider infrastructure (Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis, S3, EC2, DynamoDB, SQS)
● Experience in distributed systems
● Experience with event-driven services
● Experience with Apache Kafka, ZeroMQ, RabbitMQ, Spark, Hadoop
● Experience with Java
● Experience with Golang
● Experience with HTML/CSS.
What We Offer:
● Legal employment
● Continuous learning: technical, soft, leadership skills; free English language classes; participation in conferences, workshops, and meetups; free access to lynda.com and an internal knowledge database
● Daily work in distributed teams and communication with American colleagues
● A+ level medical insurance
● Lunches compensation
● A sports club membership
● Paid sick and maternity/paternity leaves + official days off
● 28 calendar vacation days
● Flexible schedule outside the core hours
● Regular team outings
● A cozy office in the center of Kyiv (now we are working on a hybrid format).
What Makes the Job Special:
When you become part of our team, your job won’t only be to “develop code”. You will also participate in the design, architecture, and development of engineering solutions to solve tough business problems.
You will also learn to build cloud-native, serverless, easily scalable, high-loaded solutions.
As a Middle-level Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the development, support, and optimization of high-performance code. As there are no quality assurance engineers on the team, you will also have to write and run tests. Your other responsibilities will include the development of serverless/microservices applications, deployment of code, promotion of builds across environments, estimating efforts to build, and automation of workflow, configuration and environments.
Your Team: There are 3 people on the team. You will be reporting directly to your manager, Yevgen Kostenko (www.linkedin.com/...evgeniy-kostenko-95831953).
The Events Messaging team builds event-based messaging and tracking applications on Python and Fast API, while also using a bunch of other advanced technologies.
How We Work: Our daily work is based on DevOps and XP practices — TDD, Automation Testing, CI/CD. There are daily stand-up meetings, sprint plannings, reviews, demo sessions, and retrospective meetings.
Also, each quarter our team enjoys two Development Days when we can try new tools or technologies.