What We Expect of You:
We need an experienced engineer who can drive technical solutions. The job will be purely about technical leadership, so is an ideal fit for someone who loves tech, but doesn’t feel like taking on any of the people management responsibilities.
Other requirements include:
● 3+ years developing web software;
● 3+ years developing in Python using any web framework;
● Experience with Docker and configuration management;
● Experience with relational databases (Postgres, MySQL, or any other);
● Experience with NoSQL databases (Elasticsearch or any other);
● Experience with in-memory caches (Redis, Memcached or any other);
● Intermediate English.
Extra Points For:
● Experience with AWS or any other cloud provider infrastructure (Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis, S3, EC2, DynamoBD, SQS);
● Experience in distributed systems;
● Experience with event-driven services;
● Experience with high-loaded backend services;
● Experience with Apache Kafka, ZeroMQ, RabbitMQ, Spark, Hadoop;
● Experience with Go;
● Upper-Intermediate/Advanced English.
What We Offer:
● Legal employment;
● Continuous learning: technical, soft, leadership skills; free English language classes; participation in conferences, workshops, and meetups; free access to lynda.com and an internal knowledge database;
● Daily work in distributed teams and communication with American colleagues;
● Competitive salary;
● A+ level medical insurance;
● Lunches compensation and snacks in the office;
● A sports club membership;
● Paid sick and maternity/paternity leaves;
● 28 calendar vacation days;
● Flexible schedule outside the core hours;
● Regular team outings;
● A cozy office in the center of Kyiv.
What Makes the Job Special:
When you become part of our team, your job won’t only be to “develop code”. You will also participate in the design, architecture, and development of engineering solutions to solve tough business problems.
You will also learn to build cloud-native, serverless, easily scalable, high-loaded solutions.
How We Work:
Our daily work is based on DevOps and XP practices — TDD, Automation Testing, CI/CD. There are daily stand-up meetings, sprint plannings, reviews, demo sessions and retrospective meetings.
Also, each quarter our team enjoys two Development Days when we can try new tools or technologies.
As a software engineer, you will be responsible for the development, support, and optimization of high-performance code. As there are no quality assurance engineers on the team, you will also have to write and run tests. Your other responsibilities will include the development of serverless/microservices applications, deployment of code, promotion of builds across environments, estimating efforts to build, and automation of workflow, configuration, and environments. You will also architect services and systems to allow for iterative, autonomous development and future scaling. It is expected that you will be able to anticipate future use cases and make design decisions that minimize the cost of future changes.
SPS Commerce is a US corporation (NASDAQ: SPSC) that successfully connects Amazon.com, Nike, General Motors Company, Google, Starbucks, BestBuy, FedEX, UPS and 70,000+ other companies with their trading partners, providing world-class cloud-based supply chain EDI and Analytics solutions.
Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, SPS Commerce has been growing steadily for the past 17 years and so far has offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Sydney, Melbourne, London, Toronto, and Kyiv.
P.S. You can learn more about SPS Commerce at spscommerce.com.