What We Expect of You:
There is an existing Dev Center team in our Minneapolis office. We are adding to our engineering staff in our Kyiv office to work with and support our engineering community in Ukraine and the US. We understand full well that our product is a complex mix of Python and Golang and also some front-end parts, and no one will be a perfect fit. With this in mind, we are willing to teach coach/mentor you, and provide you with the support needed to grow fast.
Other requirements include:
• 5+ years developing in Python or Java
• Experience with Docker and configuration management
• Intermediate English
Extra Points For:
• Experience with AWS or any other cloud provider infrastructure (Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis, S3, EC2, DynamoDB, SQS)
• Experience with Kubernetes
• Experience in distributed systems
What We Offer:
• Legal employment
• Continuous learning: technical, soft, leadership skills; free English language classes; participation in conferences, workshops, and meetups; free access to LinkedIn learning and an internal knowledge database
• Daily work in distributed teams and communication with American colleagues
• Competitive salary
• A+ level medical insurance
• A sports club membership
• Paid sick and maternity/paternity leaves
• 28 vacation days
• Flexible schedule outside the core hours
• Regular team outings
• A cozy office in the center of Kyiv
SPS Commerce is a US corporation that successfully connects Amazon.com, Nike, General Motors Company, Google, Starbucks, BestBuy, FedEX, UPS and 70,000+ other companies with their trading partners, providing world-class cloud-based supply chain EDI and Analytics solutions.
As a Senior Software Engineer with the Dev Center Engineering team, you will be design, develop, document, test, and debug existing and new software for our engineering development platform. This Senior Software Engineer will serve as a technical expert on development projects with a group of talented and skilled engineers. This position will have the opportunity to work with the SPS Dev Center engineering teams in Ukraine and the US.
What Makes the Job Special?
When you become part of our team, your job won’t only be to “develop code”. You will also participate in the design, architecture, and development of engineering solutions to solve tough business problems. You will join a team that is developing the SPS Commerce Dev Center Platform.
Your team will be distributed between Ukraine and the US. The current Dev Center team is located in one of the SPS offices in the US. We are expanding the development to our development into our Kyiv location. The Dev Center team is building an API gateway and development platform in a containerized environment running in AWS.
How We Work
Our daily work is based on DevOps and Scaled Agile practices — TDD, CI/CD, and iterative development processes. There are daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning, reviews, demo sessions, and retrospective meetings. Also, each quarter our team enjoys two Development Days when we can try new tools or technologies.