We’re looking for experienced Java developer to fill the opening of a tech lead in our distributed team. You will work on the backend of our microservice web-based application automating insurance claiming process. We expect great productivity and code quality from candidates as well as technical leadership of the team which potentially could turn out to be a full team leader role. Our client is based in the US, so some overlapping hours is expected (at least till 11 am Central time).
We’re employing agile, namely Kanban, we use git as our VCS, Jira for tracking tasks and GitHub for automatic builds, deployment and also for code review. The source code is java11 compatible, we use some Kotlin for DTOs, run tests with jUnit5 and use gradle for building. Each microservice is autogenerated by yaml openaAPI specification and run as SpringBoot application inside Docker container. We use Spring Cloud Eureka and Zuul for service discovery and proxying requests. Everything is eventually deployed to QA/Staging/Prod in Kubernetes.
• Solid knowledge of algorithms and data structures;
• Great knowledge of Core Java and experience in concurrency;
• Good experience with Spring;
• Desire to write, optimize, document and maintain code and thoroughly cover it with tests;
• General responsibility and result-oriented mindset;
• Desire to achieve goals as a team, willingness to help colleagues and ability to give/take criticism;
• Proficient English language (C1 and higher) to be able to communicate with the team and client.
• Flexible working hours;
• Zero bureaucracy and horizontal management structure;
• Office in the Sofia city center;
• Compensation above the market;
• Compensation for sick leaves, Days Off (5 per year) and regular vacations (20 working days per year);
• Medical insurance, sport card, yoga, parking space
• Friendly team and a nice environment.
Your daily tasks will include but not limited by:
• Developing new features, mainly new microservices and integrations between them;
• Maintaining, documenting and improving existing code base;
• Writing unit and integration tests;
• Participation in team activities along with communication with client;
• Technical leadership over distributed team.
At Devexperts we solve complex technological challenges facing the most well-respected financial institutions worldwide. We are responsible for some of the global financial industry’s most recognized and reliable technology applications (e.g. the thinkorswim platform).
Our offices are located in the most influential financial centers as diverse as New York, London, Tokyo, Istanbul, Antalya, Porto, Munich, and Sofia.
We welcome candidates who believe, as we do, that innovation is grounded in education. Our teams work together, improving their skills to create the next generation of financial software solutions.