Sphere Partners is a technology and management consulting firm focusing on digital, data and engineering transformation for our customers. We are a 100% virtual organization with presence across various continents.
We are strategically scaling our AI, analytics and data practice with leaders and practitioners, to that effect, we are hiring top talent from the industry, a sample of our leadership here and the kind of role he is engaged in.
With our unwavering commitment to excellence, we are rapidly expanding our suite of consulting services, augmenting our geographic presence, and honing our industry expertise. We stand at the precipice of an exciting new chapter, poised to establish ourselves as a renowned name in the realm of technology consulting. Now we are looking for a Data Governance Architect to join our team.
Location: Anywhere, Remotely
Start Date: ASAP
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Articulate complex data governance concepts clearly and concisely;
- Craft exemplary presentations that effectively communicate data governance strategies, principles, and value propositions;
- Write whitepapers and blogs that showcase thought leadership in the field of data governance;
- Participate as a speaker at C-level events, webinars, and industry conferences to share insights and best practices in data governance;
- Develop and refine data governance strategies aligned with organizational goals and compliance requirements;
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define data governance objectives, policies, and processes;
- Design comprehensive data governance architectures that encompass data quality, metadata management, data cataloging, master data management, archival, and backups;
- Develop data governance architecture which supports scalability, security, and compliance;
- Create detailed journey maps outlining the stages and milestones of the data governance implementation process;
- Provide guidance to teams on how to transition from current to desired data governance states;
- Develop frameworks for articulating data engineering requirements and estimating efforts across various data governance initiatives;
- Collaborate with teams to ensure accurate scoping and resource allocation for data governance projects;
- Drive the delivery of data governance solutions that align with business objectives;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including data engineers, analysts, and business stakeholders, to drive successful data governance initiatives.
- Experience as a Data Governance Architect (5+);
- Experience in developing data governance strategy, data governance architecture, data governance journey map creation;
- Experience in articulation and estimation frameworks for all areas of data engineering;
- Experience in consulting and delivery areas for data governance;
- Experience with Databricks Delta lake, lake house and others;
- Experience in data quality, metadata, catalogues, master data, archival and backups in leading tools like tools — Informatica, Collibra and others;
- Experience in creating whitepapers, blogs (speaking experience at C level events, webinars (preferred).