About the team
Our team is spread across the USA and Europe, most working full-time remote during the pandemic. We have over 40 members with a proven record of impactful success. We value collaboration and operate cross-functionally to improve client and end-user experience and accelerate our clients’ business growth. We work to drive experiments to learn the unknown and optimise business metrics by solving our clients’ and clients’ users’ problems, and to drive innovative initiatives.
About the role
You will have the opportunity to significantly impact the overall success of Speed & Function and our clients. You will contribute to shaping the teams’ strategy and operations focusing on our clients’ success and success of their users.
The role reports directly to the team lead and works closely with various cross-functional teams.
If you are a creative, passionate, client-centric person, we want to speak to you. Joining Speed & Function is a unique opportunity to be part of a team that works to reinvent custom software development outsourcing.
What you’ll do
- Develop and deploy various proof of concept applications
- Write awesome code
- Collaborate with your teammates on the software architecture
- Do code reviews
- Share your awesome ideas with your team members
What you’ll need
Skills and Qualifications
- Software design skills, design patterns
- Goal orientation & Problem-solving
- Good understanding of front-end technologies
- English: Upper-intermediate and higher
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of such as MongoDB, MeteorJs
- Articulate and authentic
- Predisposition to patience and tolerance
- Comfortable working with a diverse international workforce
- Able to maintain calm in challenging organization change management scenarios
- Passion for helping people learn and grow professionally
Who are you?
- Rock star? Pass. Friendly and thoughtful? Let’s talk.
- In broad strokes, Managers of One thrive at S&F (see Basecamp’s definition).
- If you consider yourself an eager learner, a conscientious worker, and a thoughtful, kind, supportive human, you might just have a home here.
About Speed & Function
- 14 years in business
- 300+ products taken to market
- 40+ employees (we are about 60 today, with contractors)
- 300K+ hours worked
- 4 locations in the US and Europe
- 40% women staff
- Software development is so collaborative, it’s virtually built in-house.
- We’re not contractors, we’re collaborators. A steadfast extension of your team, grounded in developmental processes and rock-solid engineering, ready to tackle the most complex of technical challenges
- We help take product ideas to market through best practices in UX and engineering, led by product strategy and management.
- Delivering a full range of refinement, from prototype to MVP to enterprise-grade applications, having released over 300 products in over 10 years.
- We bring software and collaboration best practices enjoyed by large organizations to the open market at below-enterprise rates. Speed & Function has built and operated several SaaS platforms.
- Our advanced expertise is in UI engineering/front-end: we build high-performance, secure and accessible interfaces that are easy to use across all mainstream devices.
- “Speed” in our name stands for performance.
- Risk management is an integral component of each product we work on, which helps us deliver significantly above-average success rates to our clients.
- Our flexible, transparent, and proactive approach to communication, sets us apart from others in our field. Over the past 14 years, we’ve continued to refine and master this practice, earning us our reputation as one of the strongest software engineering shops in the Philadelphia area.
- Our mission is to finalize a unique collaboration framework that’s relevant to 21st-century challenges and allows delivering both state-of-the-art technology solutions and an amazing collaboration experience.
- We run the gamut in geography, lifestyle, and interest, but we’re united by a common set of values and goals: do exceptional work, build the best products in our clients’ businesses, experiment, pay attention to the details, treat people right, tell the truth, have a positive impact on the world around us and keep learning.
- We look for individuals who dream big, work hard and above all stay humble. Collaboration is at the heart of what we do and through our work together we hope to create a supportive, welcoming, and innovative environment. We strive to play as a team to win the world and create a better version of ourselves every day. If this sounds like something that excites you, we want to hear from you!
- We are striving to become a Teal or DDO (deliberately developmental) organization.
5. What’s in it for me?
- Enjoy competitive compensation models.
- Quickly improve your English through daily immersion.
- Learn a variety of new perspectives through being part of a global multicultural team of different experience levels.
- Enjoy autonomy: work remotely full-time, plan your own schedule, fine-tune your work/life balance.
- Travel the world: work and travel from anywhere as long as you can sync up with your team in their time zones. You can also visit or permanently relocate to our centers in Philadelphia, USA and Budva, Montenegro.
- Upgrade your devices through our sponsorship program.
- Facilitate personal growth through being part of an aspiring Teal / DDO (deliberately developmental) organization. Grow in the environment of feedback and support.
- Organizational psychology support.
- Be in charge of your destiny through direct collaboration with people on the client side.
- Pick your own development path within our organization based on your interests.
- Potential to relocate to the USA through our work visa program.