About the project
The innovative company from Silicon Valley offers smart payment terminals to offline businesses that make the payment experience of their customers very smooth and easy like it was never before. Smart terminals are powered by their own mobile OS based on Android. The company also has an app marketplace where hundreds of mobile developers across the globe can create and sell their apps for these smart terminals.
This company was recently acquired by GoDaddy, which has a much wider range of e-commerce solutions onboard and now is going to use smart terminals’ solution to make their e-commerce service even more powerful.
As a part of SPD Group, we provide software engineering and product development services for clients worldwide—the USA, Israel, UK, and EU. Our world-class team of 600+ engineers delivers Web, Mobile, AI/ML, or Enterprise solutions to a wide range of business domains, such as FinTech, eCommerce, SaaS, LegalTech, InsurTech, HRTech, Cybersecurity, etc. Our key clients are world-renowned iconic brands such as Poynt, PitchBook, and MorningStar. Ten of our clients report more than $100 million in annual revenue.
Headquartered in London, UK, and with development centers in Kyiv, Lviv, Cherkasy, Ukraine, SPD Group aims to impact the lives of millions by revealing great tech idea and potential. We do not cooperate with companies from russia and belarus.
We are looking for a person who has:
● 4+ years of experience in software development / 3+ years in Java
● Experience with Spring and Hibernate
● Experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Unix, SSH scripts)
● Experience working with AWS
● Strong knowledge and high experience in SQL and REST
● Knowledge of common patterns and algorithms
● Good communication skills
● Experience working on 3rd party integrations
● English level: Intermediate or higher (ability to communicate verbally with English-speaking partners).
Would be a plus:
● Experience in e-commerce and payments domain
● Experience working with high-load distributed systems
● Experience with GitHub Actions
● Experience specifically with such AWS services as IAM, Lambda, SQS, EC2, S3, API Gateway
Sounds like you? Here are some of what you’ll be doing:
● Building a back-end business logic for internal services related to user management and payments processing
● Implementing reliable 3rd party integrations
● Communicate with product managers about requirements
● Proposing solutions and generating ideas
● Documenting own services/algorithms/functionality on wiki
● Participating in making technical decisions in the team
● Code reviews and release management
● Creating unit tests and integration tests.
● Java 11, 17, Spring, Hibernate, Kafka
● Mysql 5.7, Elasticsearch, Redis
● TestNG, JUnit, Mockito, Postman
● AWS: Lambda, ECS, API Gateway, EC2, S3, RDS
● GitHub Actions, Jenkins, Kibana
● Jira, Confluence, Slack
— Ukraine (SPD): 8 Java devs, 1 Front-end, 1 Product manager, 1 Team Lead.
— US (from the client): Java devs, Product Managers, DevOps.
Your team: 2 Java dev, 1 Team Lead (part-time)
Schedule: Flexible (with the need to attend team meetings)
1) Pre-screening Interview
2) Technical screening
3) Technical Interview