About the project
The innovative company from Silicon Valley offers smart payment terminals to offline businesses that make the payment experience of their customers very smooth and easy as it was ever before. Smart terminals are powered by their own mobile OS, based on Android. The company also has an app marketplace where hundreds of mobile developers across the globe can create and sell their apps for these smart terminals.
This company was acquired by GoDaddy in 2021. GoDaddy has a much wider range of e-commerce solutions onboard, and now they started using smart terminals’ solutions to make their e-commerce service even more powerful.
As a part of SPD Group, we provide software engineering and product development services for clients worldwide—the USA, Israel, UK, and EU. Our world-class team of 600+ engineers deliver Web, Mobile, AI/ML or Enterprise solutions to a wide range of business domains, such as FinTech, eCommerce, SaaS, LegalTech, InsurTech, HRTech, Cybersecurity, etc. Our key clients are world-renowned iconic brands such as Poynt, PitchBook, MorningStar, PieInsurance. Ten of our clients report more than $100 million in annual revenue.
Headquartered in London, UK, and with development centers in Kyiv, Lviv, Cherkasy, Ukraine, SPD Group aims to impact the lives of millions by revealing great tech ideas and potential. We do not cooperate with companies from russia and belarus.
We are looking for a person who has:
- 5+ years of experience in the software development area (3+ years working with Java, 2+ years of experience managing the team (one or more));
- Experience with Spring Framework, SQL and REST;
- Experience with CI/CD tools;
- Good troubleshooting skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Sense of responsibility;
- Experience in requirements analysis;
- Experience in people management;
- Experience in priorities management;
- Experience in effective managing of team processes;
- Desire to grow in management direction;
- English level: Upper-intermediate or higher.
Would be a plus:
- Experience in e-commerce and payments domain;
- Experience working with high-load distributed systems;
- Experience working with AWS services;
- Good knowledge of scrum processes.
Sounds like you? Here are some of what you’ll be doing:
- Leading a distributed team of 8 people;
- Managing the processes for 2 teams of 16 people in total;
- Managing 2-3 big initiatives for the team: planning timelines, controlling the progress, and helping with open questions and blockers;
- Take part in regular development work: features implementation, troubleshooting, code review;
- Ability to understand complex logic in payments and e-commerce areas;
- Facilitating online stand-up meetings, sprint planning meetings, retrospective meetings;
- Distribution of tasks in the team, assigning the ownership, coordination;
- Help the team with analysis of requirements, take part in technical discussions;
- Finding a balance between speed and quality for the team;
- Being a direct manager for Ukrainian team members: regular 1-1 meetings, controlling motivation, facilitating the high performance, maintaining a comfortable and positive atmosphere, etc.
- Java 17, Spring, Hibernate, Kafka
- MySQL 5.7, Elasticsearch, Couchbase, Redis
- TestNG, JUnit, Mockito, Postman
- AWS: EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, ECS
- Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Kibana
Tools: Jira, Confluence, Miro, Slack, Zoom, MS Office 360
Schedule: Flexible, with the ability to work late hours when needed (till ~9 pm GMT)
- Ukraine (SPD): 6 Java Dev, 1 Front-end, 1 Product Manager, 1 Team Lead.
- US (from the client side): 9 Java devs, 4 product managers, 1 architect/DevOps, 1 dev manager.
What we can offer:
- Well-known and stable project & client
- Innovative e-commerce & payments product
- Ability to grow as a manager
- Pre-screening Interview
- Technical Interview
- Client Interview
Does this sound like the kind of place you want to work at? We look forward to hearing ’hi’ from you :)