SPD-Ukraine is looking for a Principal Engineer/Architect to work with Fintech-product.
As the Software Architect in the engineering team, you will be facilitating architectural decisions and execution for one of product areas or business direction.
You will utilize your extensive background for working with talented engineers and insightful product managers to design and build exceptional solutions relied upon by thousands of PitchBook customers (many of them have big names, and the team is proud to work for their needs).
Also, this is an outstanding opportunity to work with strong professionals during a deep transformation phase bringing successful product solutions to the new level of maturity and scalability to match the highest grade of modern software development company.
Your ability to collaborate with colleagues, provide technical leadership in a matrix-style structure, level up engineers and development managers, and extend architecture influence across multiple engineering teams will be critical to your success. You will solicit feedback, engage others with empathy, and help create a culture of belonging, teamwork, and purpose.
If you love building customer-centric solutions, can drive and embrace changes, strive for excellence every day, are adaptable and focused, and believe work should be fun, come join us!
The platform for investment professionals, used by thousands of customers, including large corporations, serial entrepreneurs and start-ups, venture capital and private equity firms, investment banks, law, accounting, and recruiting firms, and many others. Multiple awards winner: “The Best Financial & Market Data Information Solution”, 2 times “The Best Information Service delivered As Mobile App/Platform” at SIIA CODiE Awards.
Scope of your responsibilities:
- Provide & translate software architecture vision, principles, and technology standards across the business direction or product area, working closely with engineeringing teams and product management to evaluate options and design a great solutions for the customers with an acceptable cost;
- Devise technology and architecture solutions that propel engineering excellence across the organization, simplify otherwise complex problems, and address the “-ilities” (portability, usability, maintainability, scalability, recoverability, availability, extensibility, and security);
- Propose pragmatic, organized, and balanced technical decisions in areas such as build vs. buy, now vs. later, and refactor vs. rebuild;
- Coach engineering teams, grow their level constantly and enable them making high-quality autonomous decision in the software design;
- Manage tech debt for your responsibility zone, constantly reducing it and trying to minimize it during creation of new solutions;
- Prototype experimental/researching solutions and drive innovations and prove the technology direction;
- Build robust system diagrams, develop a detailed understanding of key aspects current software state, and provide a clear vision of proposed solutions or alternatives;
- Describe technical context in intuitive ways for different audiences, adapting communication from highly technical deep dives with engineers to non-technical dialogue with senior stakeholders;
- Learn constantly, including in available cloud managed services (PaaS/SaaS/IaaS), libraries, frameworks and platforms (commercial and open source);
- Provides and oversees high-level estimates for scoping non-trivial features.
Stack of technologies: Java 11/17 (mostly 17), Spring Boot, PostgreSQL , Lucene/ElasticSearch, Kafka, Gradle, FluxCD, k8s, React + Redux.
Schedule: Flexible (with need to attend team meetings).
- 7+ years of experience in software development primarily with Java stack, Spring;
- 3+ years of experience in designing software architecture for the multi-component environment;
- Experience in building distributed systems: microservices, event-driven architectures in cloud;
- Experience with mainstream data storage, replication, caching, and search technologies, such as PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, GCP CloudSQL, Redis, Elasticsearch, and Lucene/Solr;
- Experience with containers and orchestration platforms, including Kubernetes and Docker;
- Comprehensive understanding of key technologies and their major pros/cons for resolving modern engineering problems;
- Be open-minded and capable to learn from the decision history as well as providing solutions which lead to desired future state w/o fears from the past;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal. You can explain your idea to any engineer and manager and perceive valuable feedback.
Would be a plus:
- Experience building systems requiring extensive ETL, data lakes/platforms, and data sourcing;
- Experience with Google Cloud managed services (ideally having GCP certification);
- Has successfully built and executed complex project with microservice architecture.
Tech Interview with Principal Engineers (up to to 1.5 hour);
Interview with People Partner (up to 1 hour);
Client Interview (up to 1 hour).
- Financial support for your and your family’s relocation;
- Legal support of tax residence for team members outside Ukraine;
- Financial reimbursement of expenses on medical services outside Ukraine;
- Military leave status with 50% of your monthly reward saved;
- 20 working days of annual paid vacation and sick leaves;
- Educational support and financial reimbursement of language classes (Ukrainian, Polish, English, etc.).