PitchBook is a financial data provider and software company with offices in London, New York, San Francisco, and Seattle. Serving clients not just in America, but in Europe and Asia, we provide thousands of global business professionals (HP, Samsung, Deutsche Bank, and others are amongst them) with comprehensive data on the private and public markets to help them discover and execute investment opportunities with confidence. This is a SaaS company, multiple CODІE Awards winner, that is frequently mentioned in popular media (TechCrunch, GeekWire, Forbes, Business Insider) and referred to in “Silicon Valley” TV series.
The project is mature (14 years) but is still in the active growth phase weekly deploying new features and modules to our customers. Working on that project means participating in the whole business process with the ability to directly influence it (we really mean it).
The ideal candidate will have a strong grasp of Machine Learning, statistical modeling, and Natural Language Processing techniques. A desire to learn and a strong motivation to succeed are integral parts of our team.
Outline of Duties and Responsibilities
- Use natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning techniques to create novel views of private industry data.
- Analyze and extract features from large amounts of unstructured data, determine the most relevant features, and use clustering algorithms to drive insight into the data.
- Analyze textual data such as articles and conversations to identify novel signals of private company performance.
Experience, Skills, and Qualifications
- Experience with natural language processing
- Experience with Python, R, or other relevant programming frameworks
- Experience in using SQL for data extraction
- 3-6+ years of experience leveraging the above-mentioned skills in a production environment
- Strong communication and data presentation skills
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Ability to work autonomously and come up with solutions to own problems and problems of others
- Ability to communicate complex analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Python 3
- Pandas/DASK, NumPy, Scikit-learn
- Distributed computing
- Serving ML models in production
- A competitive reward for your skills, experience, input, and results
- Abilities to visit conferences, master classes, pass certifications
- English classes and an opportunity to learn from a native speaker
- Full compensation package
- Regular team events and activities