Poynt is a successful innovative startup that was recently acquired by GoDaddy. It is operating with smart payment terminals that made a revolution in the payment industry for offline businesses (stores, restaurants, SPAs, etc.).
It provides the next-level all-in-one e-commerce solution that turns a payment terminal into a smart device with lots of features for business.
These Android-based terminals support all modern payment technologies, including traditional magstripe cards, EMV (chip and pin), NFC (Google Wallet and Apple Play), Bluetooth, QR codes, and beacon technology. Poynt has clients in the US, UK, Canada, EU and begins its expansion to Asia.
Its new parent company GoDaddy is a well-known domain registrar and web hosting company, that has grown to one of the leaders in online commerce with more than 20 million clients. Poynt is going to provide its service to millions of current GoDaddy merchants across the globe. It allows merchants to use the power of unified solutions for online and offline commerce.
- 4+ years experience as Ops, CloudOps, or DevOps.
- Experience in scripting, high programming skills (Python scripts, bash, or any other language).
- High experience with Linux.
- Good understanding of network structure and routing.
- Experience in AWS administration: EC2, ECS (Elastic Container Service), Load balancers / ALB, Security policies / IAM.
- Troubleshooting skills, attention to details.
- High communication skills, proactiveness.
- Desire to take responsibility, learn new things, and grow.
- English level: Intermediate or higher (ability to communicate verbally with English-speaking partners).
Nice to have:
- Experience working with databases and SQL queries.
- Experience working with Docker, container orchestration.
- Experience with tools like CloudFormation, Terraform, or Sceptre.
- Experience in configuration of CI/CD tools, like Jenkins.
- Software developer’s background.
Tools we use:
- Stack: SaltStack, Python, Bash, Sceptre, AWS-CLI, Docker, AWS Fargate.
- Automation and management of infrastructure as code.
- Automation of monitoring and alerting.
- Support AWS environments/infrastructure.
- To be ready to help other team members when they have Ops-related issues or questions.
- Participating in releases.
- A competitive reward for your skills, experience, input, and results.
- Abilities to visit conferences, master classes, pass certifications.
- English classes and an opportunity to learn from a native speaker.
- Full compensation package.
- Regular team events and activities.