● 4+ years software development experience.
● An engineering or scientific B.S. degree with excellent math and statistics skills.
● 2+ years scientific programming experience in Python (e.g. numpy, pandas, scikitlearn, matplotlib).
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Proficiency in Linux environment (including shell scripting).
● Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment.
● Understanding of best practices in technology innovation and development for solving complex, ambiguous
● Experience building robust, scalable software products.
● Experience with bioinformatics.
● Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
● Have a continuous learning attitude and self-starter motivation.
● Experience building automated pipelines (e.g. Jenkins, Airflow, etc) is a plus.
● A competitive reward for your skills, experience, input, and results.
● Abilities to visit conferences, master classes, pass certifications.
● English classes and an opportunity to learn from a native speaker.
● Full compensation package.
● Regular team events and activities.
● Develop and enhance frameworks to facilitate automated testing of algorithms as part of continuous integration, nightly builds, and release builds.
● Perform independent execution and completion of tasks by taking ownership and by showing strong attention to detail.
● Collaborate with research scientists, bioinformaticians, systems engineers, software developers, and software quality test engineers to ensure robustness and performance of built and tested software.
● Technologies we use:
Swiss multinational healthcare company that operates worldwide under two divisions: Pharmaceuticals and Diagnostics. The company is the world’s largest biotech company with 17 biopharmaceuticals on the market. This particular project is driven by fast-moving, highly interdisciplinary, and technical team of people with the ambitious goal of disrupting Next Generation DNA Sequencing. Our technology fuses active biological and solid-state elements to bring single molecule-based sequence detection to scale. Developing this unique platform requires expertise across a range of fields: Software Engineering, Data Science, Information Theory, Biophysics, Biology, Chemistry, Protein Engineering, Digital and Analog Circuit Design, and Electrochemistry, just to name a few.
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Software Quality Assurance group, Algorithms, you will have the opportunity to work with experts in each of these fields, all of whom are focused on the common goal of bringing our sequencing platform to market. You have to be comfortable with the interdisciplinarity and have a full-stack engineering mindset. Your role is essential to the quality and velocity our R&D and Production paths require.