We’re looking for a top-notch Principal Software Engineer to build “best in class” data processing infrastructure. The role requires creative solutions for our unique needs working with distributed computing. The ideal candidate will have advanced Java programming skills to help refine the data infrastructure aimed at improving processing times and building reliable/scalable solutions. This person should be comfortable at providing technical solutions/directions as well as mentoring others.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related technical discipline with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in Java development is essential. Or, Master’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related technical discipline with a minimum of 5 years of software engineering in Java.
Minimum 5 years of experience in developing data infrastructure and ETL processes using Java.
● Work experience on Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is essential.
● Familiarity with common data interchange formats and protocols: JSON, REST, AJAX, XML.
● Experience with source control systems such as Git; bug tracking systems such as Bugzilla, and Jira.
● Excellent attention to detail, strong analytical, diagnostic, problem-solving, debugging and optimization skills.
● Able to interact and communicate diplomatically with other team members, multiple internal departments, and management.
● Ability to work under deadline pressures.
● Work experience in developing data infrastructure and ETL processes using Java and Python.
● Distributed computing experience is a big plus.
● A competitive reward for your skills, experience, input, and results.
● Abilities to visit conferences, master classes, pass certifications.
● English classes and an opportunity to learn from a native speaker.
● Full compensation package.
● Regular team events and activities.
● Propose and develop requirements, prototype and execute new design and interaction concepts, collaborate with scientists and other engineering groups.
● Write clean, maintainable, documented code using best engineering practices in the industry
● Monitor work to ensure quality, and continuously promote Quality First Time.
● Provide technical direction and feedback to others.
Swiss multinational healthcare company that operates worldwide under two divisions: Pharmaceuticals and Diagnostics. The company is the world’s largest biotech company with 17 biopharmaceuticals on the market.