• BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field
• Solid understanding of microservices architecture, different database solutions (SQL and noSQL)
• Good understanding of Python, and different web frameworks.
• Familiarity with latest devops solutions like Kubernetes and Helm
• Experience working with cloud solutions (GCP, AWS, Azure)
• Experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services
• Experience managing successful engineering teams including hiring/termination and performance
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Deep understanding of how culture and team dynamics create exceptional teams
• Currently a Senior / Lead Engineer who likes to roll up his/her sleeves
• The opportunity to participate in building the Kyiv team incl. setting up processes and best practices
• Attractive financial compensation
• Fast-driven environment of a growing tech start-up
As the Tech/Team lead you will lead, manage, and inspire the team developing solutions for small-medium business and internal tools at UENI. You’ll report directly to the Head of Engineering and CEO and help the team fulfill technical, operational, and business requirements by putting yourself in the trenches. You’ll guide architecture and delivery of software products. The ideal candidate will have a passion for delivering great consumer software products focused on incredible customer experiences.
• Engage and manage a team of software engineers, including task planning and code reviews.
• Drive an excellent customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, and
• Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular
assessment and improvement
• Establish a solid project framework and excellent development processes.
• Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers.
• Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration
with the engineering and management teams
• Become the go-to resource for the engineering and design team on a wide range of technical problems
On behalf on UENI (ueni.com/en-gb/business) and together with them Source-Code are looking for a Tech/Team Lead in Kyiv.
Pronounced “You and I”, UENI provides low-cost, easy solutions solutions to help small businesses attract new customers online. Our mission is to give small service-sector businesses access to the customer base now captured by larger businesses who have the time, knowledge, and resources to build a professional online presence. UENI builds each business a search-engine optimised website, verifies the business on Google, and lists the business on high-traffic, trusted platforms and online maps.
As we aim to provide online presence for “the long tail” of small and micro businesses, much of our work is very data driven. Many of the challenges on the dev team are around this large data set, providing internal tools to other teams to create, interact with, and manipulate this data. We are also delivering the end product to our clients, striving to provide the best digital presence we can which is cost effective and tech savvy on their side (aka automated whenever possible).
The UENI dev team currently consists of 15 developers between Prague and Kyiv of varying experience. We are working on a tech stack of Kubernetes, Docker, MySQL, Python3 + Django.