Our ideal candidate would:
• Work closely with product management/leadership teams to design and build new features and insightful
metrics focused on making top class user experience.
• Be a senior developer, using primarily Python.
• Build tools and drive system improvements to make it easier for customer and internal teams to adopt
and use the platform.
• Provide technical leadership to team members and application developers.
• Have strong understanding of SQL technologies, model design and noSQL technologies like
ElasticSearch and MongoDB.
• Have expertise in API development for mobile/web use
• Have good understanding of web security
• Work with brilliant people from 14+ nationalities who love what they do
• Career progression: personal development, autonomy, responsibility
• Competitive salary & generous equity options, employees eligible for grants every 6 months
• Holiday increases with each year of service
• Generous referral scheme
• Centrally located work premises, possibility to work flexible hours and from home
We are working on a tech stack of Kubernetes, Docker, MySQL, Python3 + Django.
As we aim to provide online presence for “the long tail” of small and micro businesses, much of our work is very data driven. Many of the challenges on the dev team are around this large data set, providing internal tools to other teams to create, interact with, and manipulate this data. We are also delivering the end product to our clients, striving to provide the best digital presence we can which is cost effective and tech savvy on their side (aka automated whenever possible).
Developers are required to interact with the other teams to understand their needs and provide simple, reliable technological solutions.
We are fast paced and still discovering what we can do well, and so no developer can expect to be handed simple instructions to implement in a bubble.
On behalf on UENI (ueni.com/en-gb/business) and together with them Source-Code are looking for Senior Python Developers in Kyiv to maintain its pace of growth through continued expansion.
We have a team of 70+ in London. We’ve just set up a team of 15 developers in Prague and want to build a team of developers and other IT specialists in Kyiv who will help the company grow further. After transition period it is expected that the Kyiv team will be working independently on their own projects.
Headquartered in London, UENI (pronounced you-en-eye) was founded by two Harvard Business School graduates with the aim of democratising the access to a digital presence for small local businesses such as dentists, hairdressers or electricians. Even today, the vast majority of small local services business are still offline. On top of the question of cost; time and knowledge are the biggest drivers of the slow penetration. To address this issue, UENI sends out “walkers” who gather extensive data on a business, including services and prices, and then pre-build their content so that the business owner does not have to. UENI’s sales agent then call these businesses, show their pre-built content and convert them.
For paid customers, UENI also creates a google my business page and social media presence. For businesses that do not have a physical presence (e.g. plumbers), UENI works with associations to ensure the quality and validity of the businesses.
UENI focuses on breadth (cities over 100k people) and depth (high density coverage within a neighborhood). Thus far, UENI has collected data on ~400k+ small businesses across 11 Western European countries in six major languages. They aim to reach the 1 million company mark by the end of the year.
Thus far, UENI have raised EUR 11 million from an impressive list of ultra-high net worth entrepreneurs and have started raising another EUR