Our customer is a national education nonprofit dedicated to providing high-quality educational resources for children, families, communities, and partners to deliver excellence and equity for all learners. Our mission is achieved and supported by our three pillars: Equity and Access, Family Empowerment, and Universal Literacy.
Sombra’s team: 2 Middle Front-End engineers.
Customer’s team: Team Lead, Lead developer, Scram Master (US), Team Lead, Middle dev, 2 QA (Romania).
- 2+ years of commercial experience;
- Prior game development experience is a plus;
- Understanding of OOP concepts;
- Web optimization techniques with a focus on encoding, caching, and page optimization;
- Understanding of de-coupling and abstraction of UI functionality;
- Unit Testing;
- Strong experience with GIT or equivalent source control system;
- Understanding of generating and utilizing procedurally generated data is a plus;
- An understanding of the following technologies is a plus: TypeScript, API/HTTP(S) Communication, NodeJS/NPM.
- Program interactive learning content deliverables using a variety of web technologies and services;
- Build and perform unit tests for learning modules and activities;
- Own and update epics and stories to define and track specific work products;
- Communicate clearly and frequently about work both in-person and with remote teams;
- Follow and provide feedback on a process to support efficient and scalable content creation processes;
- Ensure practices related to access, diversity, and equity are integrated at every step in the content development process;
- Facilitate strong cross-organizational collaboration and teamwork;
- Keep up-to-date with industry and proprietary tools and services.
What we offer:
- 18 Working days of annual paid vacations, available from the start day;
- 10 Working days of paid sick-leave annually;
- Additional days-off in case of marriage, baby birth etc.;
- Extra vacation days for long lasting cooperation;
- 50% cost compensation for attending courses and seminars on self-development;
- Internal University (Tech Communities, Leadership program, corporate library, Udemy courses etc.);
- English training courses (twice per week + Communication Course, Grammar Course, Listening Course, practice with native speakers every week and other activities);
- Сareer opportunities;
- Mentoring program;
- Sport activities compensation;
- Corporate doctor;
- Mental Health support;
- Opportunity to take part in company volunteering activities;
- Tax payment support;
- Internal Referral program;
- Corporate events.