Sombra is an ambitious and fast-growing Ukrainian tech company that is engaged in custom software development. Our target markets are the USA, Canada, and the UK. The company employs more than 230 motivated professionals. We offer our customers building dedicated teams of software engineers in Ukraine.
Lead NodeJS engineer will be involved in various projects for kickoff/development/consulting and will be leading Node Stream in the company along with several other leads.
- 6+ years of proven experience in development.
- 1+ years of experience leading specific project (team- or tech-leading)
- Experience with Node.js and related frameworks (ExpressJS, NestJS must have; Koa, Fastify and others will be a plus)
- Experience with various Data Storages (RDBMS, NoSQL, file storages, Elastic etc)
- Deep understanding of design patterns and architectural patterns (like client-server, microservices, serverless, message queues and others)
- Experience in designing and supporting architecture of web applications.
- Experience integrating with different systems (REST API, GraphQL, Kafka etc)
- Experience with cloud platforms (any of AWS/GCP/Azure), CI/CD tools.
- Experience setting up CI/CD pipelines, containerizing and orchestrating web applications (using e.g. Docker, k8s or similar)
- Experience with testing
- Experience working with applications requiring performance, scalability, resilience, recoverability, security and other non-functional requirements
- Extensive experience in setting up engineering practices and processes on different projects
- Willingness to familiarise and work with new technologies and approaches
- Experience in evaluating both hard and soft skills of engineers, building effective teams
- Upper-Intermediate spoken and written English.
Will be a plus:
- Experience with other programming languages and stacks (Java, Python, Ruby, .NET)
- Experience with web frontend development — React/Angular/Vue
- Long-term involvement on the project on a part-time (50% or 75%) basis
- Short-term involvement on the projects with the role of Lead NodeJS engineer for project kickoff, consulting and delivering solutions for technical challenges. For now, we have nearly 10 clients using NodeJS tech stack.
- Development of NodeJS competency in the company (20+ engineers use NodeJS on their projects):
- Interviewing NodeJS engineers
- Improving NodeJS interview processes
- Assessing promotions of NodeJS engineers in the company
- Improving NodeJS promotions process
- Leading and participating in NodeJS community events in the company
- Involvement into Presales calls with potential clients and representing NodeJS expertise of the company
- Involvement in Discovery phases and Technical assessments for new projects
- Effective cooperation with CTO and other Leads (Java, Frontend, DevOps, .NET, QA/AQA, UX, BA)
- Annual paid vacation of 18 working days;
- Extra vacation days for long-lasting cooperation;
- Annual paid illness of 10 days;
- Maternity\Paternity leave;
- Opportunity of sabbatical leave;
- Marriage and Parenthood Package;
- Compensation for sports activities (up to 6000 UAH\year);
- 50 % cost compensation for attending courses for self-development;
- Corporate doctor;
- Internal education(corporate library, Udemy courses);
- Career development plan;
- English classes;
- Paying taxes and conducting private entrepreneurs;
- Technical equipment: laptop, mouse, keyboard, monitor, chair;
- Internal Referral program;
- Opportunity to take part in company volunteering activities;
- Technical community events.