• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
• Strong experience with Kotlin and Java.
• A strong understanding of design patterns.
• Extensive knowledge of Unit Testing frameworks, ideally some understanding of Automation testing.
• Up-to-date with latest android libraries and components (Architecture components, Room, Lifecycle,...)
• Knowledge about CI/CD systems.
• Expert knowledge of asynchronous programming (RxJava, Kotlin Coroutines, LiveData).
• Knowledge about different architecture patterns MVVM, MVP.
• Experience with git or other version control systems, and how collaboration happens between team members (Code Review, PRs, branching mechanisms, ...)
• Experience with dependency injection concepts e.g: Dagger2.
• Very good English speaking & writing skills.
• App monitoring and profiling mechanisms.
• Leadership and Managerial skills:
• Detecting the weak points in team members and invest time on building them
What’s in it for you:
Flexible work schedule;
20 working-day paid vacations and sick leaves;
Free corporate English lessons;
Work in a comfortable downtown office with modern infrastructure.
• Build innovative product features for the Almosafer and Tajawal Android apps.
• Conduct code reviews to ensure a code of the highest quality
• Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
• Take part in planning meetings with a truly agile team to break down user stories into technical tasks
• Provide increasingly accurate estimations for the tasks to be done
• Collaborate with other developers, product managers, designers, and QA engineers to deliver the best product possible
• Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
We are looking for a Lead Android Developer who is excited to work as a specialist in a fast-paced, lean and agile startup with strong traction and growth. You will be working on our native mobile Android apps to help take them to the next level. You will be a part of a well structured mobile team which follows agile processes, development best practices, show flexibility, and allows you to grow and gain experience.
Client is the largest travel and tourism group in the MENA region.Client means journey. A symbol of change. A positive step into the future. We’re opening up the opportunity of travel for everyone by connecting cultures, through a balanced portfolio of trustedbrands that consistently exceeds customer expectations.
Through our portfolio of brands we are:
• Transforming the traditional travel agency model, by bringing our online capabilities and know-how into retail environments through Almosafer and Tajawal, our Consumer Travel brands.
• Building the smartest, most intuitive business platform in the industry with Elaa, our Travel Management brand, with a key focus on creating better value for the corporate and governmentsector.
•Through Mawasim, our Hajj and Umrah brand, we’re combining our knowledge of travel and the values of hospitality to offer pilgrims and business partners the experience they truly deserve.
• While our new zesty car rental and fleet management brand, Lumi, is transforming a sector in need of change, by adding smarter tech-based services, centered around the needs of a new generation.Client is a partner perfectly poised to help accelerate the growth of our Kingdom and region through travel. Join us on an even greater journey.Imagine where travel can take us together.