SOLEAD Software is looking for an embedded software engineer with deep expertise in AOSP platform as a developer and architect.
We are constructing an innovative device to change life for people with low vision. A breakthrough wireless technology of enhanced vision is called to help many people around who have a legal blindness.
Your primary goal will be design and development of an embedded solution to help people with visual impairments and legal blindness by vision enhancement technology. You’ll be a part of international team of professionals inspired by the idea to put the technology at the service of people who really needs help.
You’ll be working with cutting-edge cameras, smart algorithms, and high-resolution displays. You’ll create the assistive and adaptable technology to increase the level of visual information delivered to the brain to compensate for gaps in human’s vision.
We offer a comfortable modern office in a convenient location. Due to quarantine restrictions, we propose a flexible work time schedule including partial work at home.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design wearable embedded solutions based on AOSP (Android Open Source Project)
- Tightly work with product design team in order to elaborate and embody technical requirements
- Participate in embedded application implementation, configuration and maintenance
- Establish and follow best practices for embedded software development, testing and deployment
- Suggest improvements and enhancements to the existing solution
- Participate in teamwork, consult and mentor less senior staff
Skills and Qualifications
- Sc. or M.Sc. degree in computer engineering, radio electronics, applied math or similar
- 5+ year experience in firmware and embedded software architecture, design and programming, with focus on AOSP
- Understanding of AOSP Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL), kernel and driver development
- Strong Android (Java) programming experience
- Experience in developing modular software for embedded solutions and designing system APIs
- Understanding of communications protocols, such as Bluetooth and WiFi, is a plus;
- Knowledge of OpenGL technology and libraries is a plus
- Prior experience with Git, Bitbucket and JIRA
- Understanding of software development lifecycle, CI/CD, Agile and SCRUM methodologies
- Strong English communication skills (B2 or higher)
This is a full-time permanent position in Lviv, Ukraine.