• Education: MSc degree in any technical speciality is required
• 10+ years of experience in IT including system administration, DevOps, project management, business analysis, etc.
• Perfect understanding of computer networks and network protocols
• Proficient in Linux, Unix, Windows OS administration and configuration
• Deep knowledge of public cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, GCP)
• Excellent practical experience in building CI\CD processes using different tools (Azure DevOps, Jenkins, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, GitLab, Bitbucket etc.)
• Deep understanding of version control systems (Git, TFS, SVN) principles and configuration best practices
• Excellent practical experience in using infrastructure tools (Terraform, ARM Templates, CloudFormation, • Cloud Deployment Manager) and configuration management tools (Chief, Puppet, Ansible)
• Hands-on experience with private cloud platforms (OpenStack, Apache CloudStack)
• Excellent practical experience with containerization software (Kubernetes, OpenShift)
• Experience in building DevOps processes, rules, policies and standards
• Hands-on experience in technical interviews and team formation
• Experience in team leadership and mentoring
• Practical experience in technical investigation and troubleshooting
• Excellent pre-sales and presentation skills
• Strong level of soft skills
• Upper-intermediate+ English
• Required: CCNA and least two of the following certifications: Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert, AWS Solution Architect Professional, GCP Professional Cloud Architect, Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD)
• Would be a plus: CompTIA Linux+, PMI-PBA, PSM or CSM
• Presenting company’s expertise in DevOps sphere at the pre-sales phase
• Performing requirements collection, producing estimations, providing consultancy services during pre-sales phase in cooperation with sales department
• Setup of DevOps processes for all projects in cooperation with other heads of departments and PMs
• Performing technical interviews, regular staff reviews
• Forming and developing deep technical expertise of the department
• Taking part in technical meetups, conferences as a speaker on behalf of the company
• Assisting the marketing department in creation of case studies, articles, presentations for DevOps department
• Preparation of administrative reports
SSA Group is looking for the Head of DevOps, who will be able to form and then lead the DevOps department of about 10 engineers.
The candidate is expected to have hands-on experience in system administration, building solutions for public and private clouds using different CI/CD as well as configuration and infrastructure management tools. The Head of DevOps is also expected to be good at requirements collection and analysis, setting up DevOps processes and troubleshooting. The candidate is supposed to be a team player and a leader knowing and applying PM techniques and methodologies.
This is a partnership position and thus the role requires financial management of the department. Head of the department works closely with the other technical as well as sales, marketing and recruitment departments.