• Education: MSc degree in any technical specialty is required, PhD is preferred
• 10+ years of experience in IT including testing, project management, business analysis, etc.
• Excellent understanding of testing methodologies and techniques
• Excellent practical experience in testing of web, mobile and desktop applications
• Experience in automated testing
• Experience in building of QA/QC processes, rules, policies and standards
• Hands-on experience of technical interviews and team formation
• Experience in team leadership and mentoring
• Practical experience in technical investigation and troubleshooting
• Excellent pre-sales and presentation skills
• Strong level of soft-skills
• Upper-intermediate English
• At least two of ISTQB certifications among the following: Certified Tester, Mobile, Performance, Usability foundation level, Technical Test Analyst, Gambling Industry Tester, Automotive Software Tester, Security Tester, Advanced Level Test Manager.
• One of the following: PSM or CSM.
• Presentation of company expertise in QA sphere.
• Performing requirements collection, producing estimations, providing consultancy services during pre-sales phase in cooperation with sales department.
• Setup of QA/QC processes for web, mobile and desktop projects in cooperation with other heads of departments and PMs.
• Performing technical interviews, regular staff reviews.
• Forming and development of deep technical expertise of the department.
• Taking part in technical meetups, conferences as a speaker on behalf of the company.
• Cooperation with marketing department in terms of creation case studies, articles, presentations.
• Preparation of administrative reports.
The right candidate is expected to be able to lead and manage the QA department, implement company strategy. High level of technical skills is required to get deep into projects, setup QA/QC processes and provide troubleshooting. Excellent theoretical knowledge in QA area and a good understanding of PM sphere is necessary, so QA and PM certificates are required.
This is a partnership position. The role also involves financial management of the department.
Head of department works closely with the other technical as well as sales, marketing and recruitment departments.