• 10 or more years of commercial software development experience
• Experience with micro-service architectures in the cloud
• Back-end development experience
• Expertise in one of the major public cloud services (GCP is preferred)
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Database design, data architecture skills (relational or no-SQL)
• English — Upper-Intermediate or better
• GCP experience
• Devops experience
• Test automation and quality assurance experience
• IoT, hardware, embedded engineering expertise
• Contributing to the architectural decisions and documentation
• Architecture of test code, as well as production code
• When required, implementing critical or difficult parts of the project
• Writing specifications (stories, tasks)
• Guiding adherence to the architectures
• Providing technical assistance and advice
• Performing code reviews
You will report to the project lead, who will provide architectural, technical, quality, process and staffing guidance
You will take part in developing a cloud IoT platform from scratch.
There is a public cloud service called Google Cloud Platform which allows developing cloud solutions with IoT capabilities, by receiving and using data from many connected devices. However, people who wish to implement an IoT solution on GCP currently have the following problem: there are many low-level details to deal with before any high-level business logic can be implemented. Every device you connect has to be actively managed, its message format and connectivity topology are known in advance. Also if you have a lot of devices, it may be difficult to organize the information you receive, and build an application around it. As a solution, we are developing an IoT platform that takes care of these details. The platform runs on GCP. It implements transparently an object model of the devices and their properties (digital twins) and can be easily extended for any type of device without changing its code. So that the application developers can quickly write and deploy their apps, without dealing with unnecessary details. The platform is written in Python 3 and utilizes microservices architecture. This product has strict performance, scalability and extensibility requirements.
The current team consists of 10+ intermediate and senior engineers, including test automation and infrastructure engineers.
We are looking for an Architect who can design significant portions of the system and take ownership of its quality aspects.