• Experience with managing Hadoop clusters (Cloudera, Hortonworks, other distributions), including configuration of HDFS, YARN, Hive, Impala or other technologies within Hadoop ecosystems.
• Experience with Big Data stack is a big plus: Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Kafka or other technologies
• Good understanding of distributed systems core concepts and purpose (distributed databases, MPP, etc.)
• Security management and configuration: AD, Kerberos, row-level security, etc.
• Deployment and configuration of Unix\Linux environments
• Cloud platforms: AWS, Google Cloud, Azure or OpenStack
• Configuration management: Ansible, Chef or Puppet
• Cluster management: Apache YARN, Mesos, Zoo Keeper, Vagrant, Terraform
• Monitoring, continuous integration & delivery: Jenkins, TeamCity, Zabbix, Git
• Build a sustainable platform for Big Data solutions
automate development processes relying on configuration management, continuous integration and delivery best practices
• Involvement in consulting projects, such as technology assessment and evaluation
• Deliver discovery reports or technical solution vision etc.
• R&D and rapid prototyping
• Involvement in long-term projects with the possibility to learn new technologies and assimilate best practices from experts
• Engagement of new clients and pre-sale support
• Contribute to SS marketing programs by publishing tech articles and blogs in the media
SoftServe is transforming the way thousands of global organizations do business by developing the most innovative technologies and processes in Big Data, Internet of Things (IoT), Data Science and experience design. Big data and artificial intelligence services at SoftServe include next-gen business intelligence, data analysis, and cognitive computing.
Our mix of the brightest, most inquiring minds, technical experts, and strategic thinkers allow us to form collaborative relationships with our clients so that we can really understand their needs and create the experience they demand. SoftServe Big Data & Analytics team provides high-value technology consulting services, elaborates state of the art Big Data solutions to end clients, have a rich portfolio and numerous success stories in different business domains.
Few facts about our team:
• Our architects are certified by Software Engineering Institute, Carnegie Mellon University
• Our Big Data Competency is recognized by Amazon Web Services and Cloudera
• We implement cutting edge Big Data solutions using our Lambda Architecture accelerator and proven architecture design methodologies
• Together with the Software Engineering Institute, we invented Smart Decisions game in order to promote learning about architecture design process based on Attribute-Driven Design (ADD) method, intended to facilitate the design of complex architectures. Please read more at smartdecisionsgame.com
We are looking for a highly motivated, result-oriented, bright and smart individuals, who know how to address domain specific challenges and are ready to complement TSG Big Data and Analytics team.