• BS/MS/Ph.D. degree in computer science or related
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Extensive knowledge and practical experience in Machine Learning, Data Mining, Recommender Systems, and Computational Advertising
• Strong experience with Natural Language Processing and/or Computer Vision
• Understanding of modern machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as random forest, neural networks, nearest neighbors, k-means, etc.
• Practical experience with high-level programming languages and framework — Python and/or R
• Experience with data visualization tools, such as ggplot2, plotly, matplotlib
• Proficiency in using database query languages such as SQL and understanding of the ETL process
• Understanding of the software development process, Agile approach, and CI/CD
• Upper-Intermediate English level or higher (oral/written)
• Knowledge or at least a background in Deep Neural Networks
• Experience in building large-scale recommender engines (collaborative filtering, KNN, associative rule learning, custom similarity metrics, etc.)
• Practical experience in developing NLP/ CV algorithms, relevant background from academia is appreciated
• Experience in predictive analytics (time-series analysis and forecasting, survival and duration analysis, etc.)
• Experience in applying graph analysis techniques for structural patterns recognition
• Applied statistics skills, such as distributions, hypothesis testing, regression analysis, etc.
• Experience with cloud computing services (GCP, AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Cloud)
• Experience in building microservices and containerized applications (docker, k8s)
• Practical experience with Big Data frameworks — Hadoop, Spark
• Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
• Research, design and implement machine learning algorithms for Media and Retail industries
• Apply data mining and artificial intelligence techniques to design complex analytical solutions
• Visualize data in an interactive way
• Automate manual processes and optimize data pipelines
• Perform technology and scientific consulting
• Work with and alongside business and technical stakeholders to identify solution requirements, business goals, and expected outcome
• Perform R&D and feasibility studies, communicate results and methodologies
• Deliver rapid prototypes and proof of concepts that demonstrate real value
• Communicate results, technical constraints, and decisions to the business and non-specialists
• Create and deliver progress reports, slide decks, proposals, and documentation
SoftServe has one of the best and oldest Data Science teams in Ukraine and you will get tons of experience working alongside the best talents in the field.
This position is opened in a Data Science Center of Excellence and you will have a chance to contribute to the wide range of projects from different areas and technologies. We’re looking for the personality who is inspired by data, analytics, and AI as we do, and who wants to grow with us!
We are looking for a Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer who will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data and make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be work on Data Science related problems across various industries, including Digital Media and Retail to create, implement and support machine learning models, applying data mining techniques, building high-quality prediction systems integrated with our products, communicating with the world leading companies from our logos portfolio.
Candidates should be strongly competent in applied statistics and data analysis, confident in solving various data engineering and machine learning problems and qualified in predictive and prescriptive analytics. They should have both in-depth technical knowledge as well as practical experience in solving data-driven problems. Candidates should also demonstrate strong soft and business communication skills, be able to understand client’s needs and goals, clearly communicate ideas and concerns, collect feedbacks and requirements from the client and present the results or vision to both technical and business stakeholders.