• BS/MS/PhD degree in computer science or related
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Extensive knowledge and practical experience in Machine Learning and Data Mining
• Strong experience with Natural Language Processing
• Understanding of modern machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as random forest, neural networks, nearest neighbors, k-means, etc.
• Practical experience with higher-level programming languages — Python, R, Java , C/C++
• Experience with practical data visualization tools, such as ggplot2, plotly, matplotlib.
• Proficiency in using database query languages such as SQL and understanding of the ETL process
• Understanding of the software development process, Agile approach, and CI/CD
• Upper-Intermediate English level or higher (oral/written)
• Flexibility and desire to learn new tools and technologies
• Ability to learn a lot in a fast-changing environment
• Ability to address issues quickly and efficiently with minimum support
• Creativity and “can do” attitude to any task given
• Strong communication skills, the capability to explain complex subjects in simple words
• Solid presentation proficiency
• Previous leadership experience is optional but highly desirable
• Previous sales support and market research practice would be a great advantage
• Experience with Cloud Machine Learning Services (IBM Watson) would be a strong advantage
• Experience with Computer Vision, Recommender Systems and/or Computational Advertising
• Knowledge or at least a background in Deep Neural Networks
• Experience with cloud computing services (GCP, AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Cloud)
• Experience in Predictive analytics (time-series analysis and forecasting, survival and duration analysis, etc.)
• Experience in applying graph analysis techniques for structural patterns recognition.
• Applied statistics skills, such as distributions, hypothesis testing, regression analysis, etc.
• Practical experience with popular data analytics toolkits, R and/or Python
• Extensive research and prototyping
• Pre-sales and sales support
• Building strong expertise in IBM Watson AI toolset
• Market research to track emerging trends and analyze competitors’ solutions
• Continuous self-development and education
• Direct communication with SoftServe clients, conducting workshops and assisting in clients’ education
• New AI projects kick-off and support during projects execution
• Assistance with Data Science team assembling and further team leading
• Help grow team knowledge by sharing with and mentoring team members
SoftServe has one of the best and oldest Data Science teams in Ukraine and you’ll get tons of experience and communication to some of the best talents in the field.
This position is opened in a Data Science Center of Excellence and you’ll have a chance to contribute to the wide range of projects from different areas and technologies. We’re looking for the personality who is inspired by data, analytics, and AI as we do, and who wants to grow with us!
We are looking for a Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer who will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data and make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be work on Data Science related problems for a multimedia business domain, create, implement and support machine learning models, applying data mining techniques, building high-quality prediction systems integrated with our products, communicating with the world leading companies from our logos portfolio.
Candidates should be strongly competent in data analysis and data mining, confident in solving various data engineering and machine learning problems and qualified in predictive and prescriptive analytics. They should have both in-depth technical knowledge as well as practical experience in solving data-driven problems. Candidates should also demonstrate strong soft and business communication skills, be able to understand client’s needs and goals, clearly communicate ideas and concerns, collect feedbacks and requirements from the client and present the results or vision to both technical and business stakeholders.