• Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, hypothesis testing, regression analysis, time-series etc.
• Excellent understanding of modern machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as random forest, neural networks, nearest neighbors, k-means etc.
• Experience in AI-related technologies, such as natural language processing, computer vision, speech recognition, behavioral modeling etc.
• Practical experience with common data science toolkits, such as Python, R, Matlab, H20, TensorFlow, Spark. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
• Experience with data visualization tools, such as shiny, ggplot2, plotly, matplotlib
• Proficiency in using database query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig, Spark SQL
• Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
• Great English and business communication skills
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, applied statistics or related
• Create innovative and efficient products that address and solve Client’s business problems
• Apply advanced statistical, data mining and artificial intelligence techniques to design complex analytical solutions
• Work with and alongside business and technical stakeholders to identify solution requirements, business goals and expected outcome
• Perform R&D and feasibility studies, communicate results and methodologies
• Deliver rapid prototypes and proof of concepts that demonstrate real value
• Communicate results, technical constraints and decisions to the business and non-specialists
• Create and deliver progress reports, proposals, documentation and presentations
Our Client is focused on becoming a world class digital retailer that can make good things easily accessible to more people. They are not an ordinary retailer. It’s a really exciting time for our Client as they rapidly expand, to build on their rich history, embracing world leading technologies and utilizing the huge amount of data available to make the right decisions.
SoftServe has one of the best and oldest Data Science teams in Ukraine and you’ll get tons of experience and communication to some of the best talents in the field.
This position is opened in a Data Science Center of Excellence with initial assignment described below, but with more interesting stuff ahead too.
We are looking for Data Scientist who will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data and make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
Candidates should be strongly competent in applied statistical and data analysis, confident in solving various data mining and machine learning problems and qualified in predictive and prescriptive analytics. They should have both in-depth technical knowledge as well as practical experience in solving data-driven problems. Candidates should also demonstrate strong soft and business communication skills, be able to understand Client’s needs and goals, collected feedbacks and requirements from the Client and present the results to both technical and business stakeholders.