• AWS technology stack (ELB, ASG, EC2, RDS, CloudFront, EFS, S3, Elasticsearch etc.) — strong
• Logs and Performance monitoring — strong
• Linux OS — strong
• SQL — strong
• Apache, Nginx — good
• PostgreSQL — good
• JBoss server — good
• Git — good
General skills and abilities:
• English level — Intermediate or above
• Agile/Scrum experience
• Good analytical thinking
• Result orientation
• Detail orientation
• Good team player
What is required to succeed in this position?
• Good documentation skills
• Good time-management skills
• Acceptable spoken/written English
• Analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Initiative and pro-activity
• Windows OS
• PDF creation tools
• NoSQL databases
• Automated testing
• Knowledge of printing industry (image conversion, SPOT colors, CMYK/RGB color spaces etc.)
• Understanding of basic security principles
• Experience with Kibana and Logstash
• Competitive salary
• Paid sickness leaves
• Corporate doctor’s service
• Career map and Career Advisor’s support during all period of work
• Free professional certification
• Free gym
• Friendly working environment
• Take responsibility and ownership for the implementation and support of all environments
• Contribute to estimation and scoping of projects
• Work within a team which follows fast agile process with
• Resolve environment configuration issues of high complexity
• Anticipate Сlient needs before they arise and present solutions
• Perform continuous performance optimization
• Java on backend;
• JBoss as application server;
• Amazon Web Services (AWS) as default hosting platform;
• AWS PostgreSQL RDS as default relational database engine;
• ImageMagick as a tool for image identification and conversion.
The Project is intended to:
• Support development of ecosystem of applications, according to SaaS paradigm
• Be involved in the process of technical decision-making
• Solve non-trivial and extraordinary tasks
• Take full responsibility for Dev/Test/Staging/Production environments, which are hosted on AWS
Our Client is one of the world leaders in specialty label and packaging solutions for global corporations, small businesses and consumers. Our Client supplies media for use in digital printers and is one of the world-leading manufacturers of printable labels, name badges, business cards, dividers, specialty card products and more, and markets their products under the well-known brand. Together with manufacturing company provides software solutions that help small businesses and consumers design online or download templates for further digital printing.
There are many software solutions on the market for printable product design, so in order to differentiate themselves in the market, our Client needed to quickly react to market challenges.
Our Client selected SoftServe for the development and support of their ‘Design & Print Online’ service, a software product for quick and easy design development and printing, with the functionality of a graphics editor. It is suitable for users of many different platforms (Web, Desktop, Mobile) and allows our Client’s customers to personalize and print products online.
To streamline the development process, the SoftServe team utilizes SCRUM methodology with two-week iterations and holds daily meetings with the client, along with retrospective meetings, regular demos, and presentations of technical solutions and approaches.
We are looking for a smart, highly motivated DevOps Engineer who can configure and support environment, resolve complex tasks and propose solutions.
This position requires an ability to design scalable solutions, support development execution, and excellent quality throughout the continuous integration process.