• Strong documentation skills
• Strong time-management skills
• Acceptable spoken/written English
• Analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to organize teamwork and task delegation
• Initiative and pro-activity
• Java — strong
• JEE5/7 — strong
• Hibernate, JPA — strong
• XML (SAX, JAXB, JDOM) — strong
• SQL — strong
• Automated testing — good
• SOA, microservices — good
• Experience with Amazon Web Services — good
General skills and abilities:
• English — intermediate or higher
• Agile/Scrum experience
• Decision making
• Good analytical thinking
• Result orientation
• Detail orientation
• Good team player
• PDF creation tools
• NoSQL databases
• Messaging services (JMS)
• Knowledge in printing industry (image conversion, SPOT colors, CMYK/RGB color spaces etc.)
• Experience with digital assets management systems
• Experience with Kibana and Logstash
• Competitive salary
• Paid sickness leaves
• Corporate doctor’s service
• Career map and Career Advisor’s support during all period of work
• Free professional certification
• Free gym
• Friendly working environment
• Take responsibility for the implementation of project parts including work on the new projects
• Contribute to estimation and scoping of projects
• Works on a team which follows fast agile process with
• Resolve development issues of high complexity
• Anticipate client needs before they arise and present solutions
• Performs continuous refactoring and performance optimization
• Assist in skills development and supervision of junior staff
Our Client is one of the world leaders in specialty label and packaging solutions for global corporations, small businesses and consumers. Our Client supplies media for use in digital printers and is one of the world-leading manufacturers of printable labels, name badges, business cards, dividers, specialty card products and more, and markets their products under the well-known brand. Together with manufacturing company provides software solutions that help small businesses and consumers design online or download templates for further digital printing.
There are many software solutions on the market for printable product design, so in order to differentiate themselves in the market, our Client needed to quickly react to market challenges.
Our Client selected SoftServe for the development and support of their ‘Design & Print Online’ service, a software product for quick and easy design development and printing, with the functionality of a graphics editor. It is suitable for users of many different platforms (Web, Desktop, Mobile) and allows our Client’s customers to personalize and print products online.
SoftServe had already successfully partnered with this Client to develop software solutions for their ‘Design & Print Online’ tool for 5 years. Now we are selected to develop the ‘Do It For You’ (DIFY) model and integrate it within the existing system.
• Java 8 on backend;
• Angular 4 on frontend
• JBoss as application server;
• Amazon Web Services (AWS) as default hosting platform;
• AWS PostgreSQL RDS as default relational database engine;
• ImageMagick as tool for image identification and conversion.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an intelligent, clever, highly motivated Senior Java Developer who can resolve complex tasks and propose solutions.
This position requires an ability to design scalable solutions, ensure development execution, and excellent quality throughout the software development process.
Why this project?
• Develop new generation of backend according to SaaS paradigm
• Developer will be involved in the process of technical decision-making
• Solve non-trivial and extraordinary tasks
• Develop new features from scratch