Here, at SoftServe, we have established trustworthy cooperation with our Client.
The project is focused on developing the conference room camera. That is really a high-potential direction on American and European markets now. The device will work on the latest Android OS. We will develop firmware for that particular hardware. So it would not have any issues with backward compatibility of legacy or outdated devices and features.
We are closely working with the customer and have communication on a daily basis. The customer is located in Silicon Valley, so you should expect status meetings in the evening.
We have a really good relationship with the customer and are willing to continue that. From SoftServe’s part, we already have 14 Software Engineers and expect you to be a part of the team.
To your best advantage, you should demonstrate the following
- Excellent understanding of Java 8, and/or Kotlin, C++ knowledge (nice-to-have)
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals, including Algorithms, Computer Architecture, modern Operating Systems, and Computer Security
- A good concept of concurrency, synchronization, ability to write highly optimized thread-safe code
- Knowledge and practical use of common Software Design Patterns
- Experience with Android Unit Testing (JUnit, Mockito)
- Background of Linux system, diagnostic tools, bash scripting
- Any experience with Windows system, Windows BAT, and/or Python
- Excellent debugging skills — ability to solve problems without classical debugger
- Communication skills and problem-solving ability
YOU WANT TO WORK WITH
- Implementing new features for video collaboration products across the Android and Embedded Linux software stack
- Troubleshooting, root causу, and fixing software bugs either from the field or those reported by our internal engineering teams
- Creating tools and processes that would make it easier to diagnose incoming issues
- Us by collaborating and building a trusted relationship with the Client
TOGETHER WE WILL
- Implement the product from scratch
- Code! The project is not overwhelmed with meetings and other non-development-related activities
- Support the wider Engineering team with C++ development expertise
- Have a funny and friendly environment where the key objective is getting things done