SoftServe is a leading technology solutions company specializing in software development and consultancy services. With offices across the globe and development centers across Eastern Europe, we treat our client’s business as if it were our own and are passionate about delivering efficient, innovative, world-class solutions.
Our client is an online travel company for consumer and small business travel. They own numerous well-known vacation rental online marketplaces, thus connecting homeowners and property managers with travelers who seek the space, value, and amenities of vacation rental homes and hotels.
Located in 11 Ukrainian, 2 Polish cities, and Sofiia our team of more than 130 developers offers their services all over Europe and the United States. We have 30+ pod-teams that work with .NET, Web UI, Java, IOS, Android, Native App which incrementally delivers functionality to the Client. We have new global features every 6 months.
Our side: TPM, 4 Java developers (Kyiv and Ivano-Frankivsk)
Client-side: Dev-manager is the primary contact point. Other stakeholders appear by need with requests.
A Software Engineer having such experience as
- At least 5-year background building highly available, low-latent, and scalable systems
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Ability to break down complex problems and drive towards solutions
- Proficiency in Java and/or Kotlin programming languages
- Building and maintaining microservices, streaming systems in Production supporting Tier 1 services
- Proficiency in data processing using technologies like Spark, Spark Streaming, Spark SQL, or Map/Reduce
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Spring Boot, and Kubernetes
- Operationalizing machine learning models
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to work well within and across the teams
YOU WANT TO WORK WITH
- Scale our services to more than 60k requests per second
- Develop fast, scalable, highly available, and reliable machine learning solutions with real-time feedback loops
- Develop new capabilities to our learning systems that will enable new features and improve experiences
- Develop a smart service layer that will allow for in-session personalization based on user behavior and data
- Cooperate with brand stakeholders on a scalable integration pattern to access these core systems
You will be developing core capabilities that enable features and APIs that will drive our business through real-time feedback loops. All of these solutions will be designed for and built in the cloud.
Other responsibilities will include ownership of continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) while utilizing Agile methodologies.
TOGETHER WE WILL
- Work collaboratively with lots of teams
- Create top-notch solutions for maintaining our uniqueness in the vacation rental market
- Take part in making correct decisions
- Provide hands-on technical leadership and participate in architectural decision-making
- Drive new features from inception to production, working across the company with product managers, other stakeholders
- Be dedicated to delivering tested and optimized high-performance code for a distributed container-based architecture (our stack satisfies 10s of thousands of requests per second!)
- Create and maintain quality software using best-in-class tools: GitHub, Splunk, DataDog, PagerDuty Work with product management and operations in an agile environment
- Participate in resolution of production issues and lead efforts toward solutions
- Grow a performant production environment in a way that makes the system increasingly reliable
- Conduct peer code reviews
- Participate in exciting global company hackathons and various career-building courses with co-workers of all levels of expertise