SoftServe isn’t just about technology — it’s about open-minded people who love technology and have everything they need to pursue their passion to create innovation.
Our client is one of the world’s largest restaurant companies. Together we are building out a strong development team to help them deliver a brand new omnichannel Node.JS microservice-based eCommerce Platform for 50,000+ restaurants all around the world. That’s a huge responsibility, which is why our client is on a mission to find the most fearless engineers to join their software team.
Along with us, you will work with cloud-native approaches, modern tools, and industry best practices. This role will allow you to utilize your technical capabilities and domain expertise. The role is perfect for an organized, analytical problem-solver. You will be responsible for continually advancing DevOps culture and technology in a collaborative and creative environment designing, developing, and maintaining cloud-based applications at scale.
The client’s team is based in Chicago and Plano, TX.
- Showing 3-5 year hands-on experience with Cloud Technologies (AWS) and DevOps
- A holder of at least 4-year experience with one or more programming or scripting languages: Bash or Python (C++, C#, Java, Node — might also be considered)
- Possessing Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Proficient in source code control systems, branching and merging (Gitlab), automated unit testing frameworks, automated build tools, and automated deploy frameworks
- Strong in Docker, Kubernetes
- Experienced with cloud monitoring and logging technologies such as Prometheus and Elastic Stack
- Proficient in CI/CD pipelines for cloud-based infrastructure and applications
- Skilled in developing observability dashboards using tools like Grafana or Kibana
- Confident working with infrastructure-as-code tools such as Terraform (or similar solutions like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or SaltStack)
- Experient architecting/deploying/coding solutions on AWS
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum/Kanban, etc.
- Good at time management and able to multitask and deliver quality results
- Showing Intermediate+ English level or higher
YOU WANT TO WORK WITH
- Development of several public-facing and high traffic volume microservices in the cloud
- Integration with software engineers from multiple product delivery teams to ensure that each release is successfully automated, testing, performing. Moreover, to reassure error budgets set by each service are within limits
- Improvements highly effective uptime system for several cloud-native digital commerce applications
- Tasks diversity complex CI/CD pipelines, backend API software code, and cloud infrastructure components through thoughtful practices such as code reviews, load testing, chaos engineering, monitoring, tracking, documentation, etc.
TOGETHER WE WILL
- Help our client to build software to serve people in new ways to make team members more productive and customers happier
- Work in a very collaborative environment
- Care about your individual initiatives — we are open for them, just come and share your ideas
- Support your technical and personal growth — we have a dedicated career plan for all roles in our company