SoftServe US-based Client is the global virtual healthcare leader, offering the only comprehensive virtual care solution spanning telehealth (telemedicine), expert medical, and licensed platform services. The client’s product serves the world’s leading insurers, employers, and health systems and helps millions of people around the world resolve their healthcare needs with confidence.
In frames of extending collaboration, we are looking for a talented Senior Ruby on Rails Software Engineer who enjoys solving complex challenges in sophisticated software systems.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for architecting, designing, and developing custom solutions to provide scalable, reliable, and secure solutions adhering to software development lifecycle, perform peer code reviews.
You will be involved in a cross-national team and full engineering cycle of feature delivery, build innovative products within collaborative, cross-functional teams and ensure adherence to multiple coding disciplines and standards, and contribute to its stability. As the pioneer and trendsetter of the virtual healthcare service providers in the world, your highly visible contributions will be used by millions of people each year.
The candidate having the following skills and experience
• Working in an Agile/Scrum development process
• Ruby on Rails, Git, and SQL
• Knowledge of modern technologies like Docker, Elixir, Git, Continuous Integration would be useful
• Test-Driven Development and writing unit and integration tests
• Comfortable working in a cloud environment like AWS
• Competent writing software with MVC frameworks. Ruby on Rails preferred
• Basic Linux/Unix CLI and using Git and GitHub for source code control (must-have)
• Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery systems like Jenkins
• Enthusiasm and well-rounded knowledge of Back End systems and software architecture
• Applying best practices including design patterns and linting to all software development
• Staying well-informed of emerging technologies and software trends
• Debugging problems related to HTTP, XHR, JSON, CORS, SSL, S3, etc.
• Investigating performance and memory issues
• Reducing complex requirements and user interaction flows into long-term API designs
• A good understanding of architectural messaging patterns and pitfalls using Kafka, Rabbit MQ, etc.
• An effective written and verbal communicator
Preferred competencies include
• Knowledge of modern technologies like Docker, Elixir, Git, and Continuous Integration
• Using a Behavior-Driven Development suite like Cucumber
• Proficiency and willingness to write software using Ruby, Elixir, Java, and Python
• Knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
• Designing, implementing test and shipping features that can scale to millions of users
• Building features with a major focus on performance, scalability, and future expansion
• Writing unit and functional automation to validate code quality
• Building APIs and web applications that handle complex data models efficiently
• Evaluation of new system integration points to define the data elements and format that is required by each system and/or data source
• Being an integral part of system stability
• Establishing technical decisions and direction for one or a couple of projects/teams
• Taking over team demands and delegating technical execution or responsibilities when appropriate
• Ensuring security and compliance of APIs and assisting with discovery efforts
• Participation in the coordination of product releases with the product owner and other stakeholders
• Providing leadership/mentorship for the project team
• Participation in the evolution of company-level best practices, standards, and policies as related to software development
• Becoming a true bearer of team development, maintenance, design patterns, and cultural values
• Participate in coordination of product releases with the product owner and other stakeholders
• Take part in the evolution of company-level best practices, standards, and policies as related to software development
• Care about our initiatives — we are open for them, just come and share your ideas
• Make you familiar with our structured career path and development opportunities
• Take part in internal and external events where we can build and promote your personal brand
• Give you access to experienced specialists