Our client is the world’s largest travel site, operating at scale with over 700 million reviews, opinions, photos, and videos, reaching over 390 million unique visitors each month and covering approximately 7.7 million accommodations, airlines, experiences, and restaurants.
This is a very bottom-up organization; there are no software architects thinking deep thoughts and directing the action from above. They trust our engineers to come up with, implement and take responsibility for their own designs. Engineers can take a flexible approach to their daily work.
We are looking for a Senior Front End Software Engineer to work with a technical team in cooperation with project managers to help us build functional products and applications. Senior Front End Software Engineer responsibilities include design and implementation of Web Components with GraphQL and React, implementing A/B tests, and assuring proper website presentation across device platforms and our 50+ localized points of sale.
Requirements are as following: attention to webpage performance and front-end best practices as well as working with responsive UI designs and style guides. If you have hands-on experience with front end development and enjoy working at scale with cutting-edge technologies, we’d like to meet you.
Willing to write clean, correct, and efficient code and having the below-mentioned skills
• Experience working with React, web components, GraphQL, and JSON data models
• Fluency across multiple front-end technologies and frameworks
• Deep understanding of Java
• Familiarity with the latest ES6 and HTML5 standards
• Knowledge of CSS preprocessors such as SASS and LESS
• Strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
YOU WANT TO WORK WITH
• Maintaining high communication with designers and product managers on a distributed team
• Design specifications review, providing feedback, and estimating the size of projects
• Iteration and breaking down complex projects into smaller components for shorter release cycles
• Participating in design reviews, code reviews, team meetings, and QA
• Validating software functionality and security
• Building a trusted relationship with the Client
TOGETHER WE WILL
• Code! Help shape the future front end architecture behind a rapidly-growing business
• Support the wider Engineering team with front end expertise
• Support hundreds of thousands of travelers each day booking attractions and holiday homes across the globe
• Help them decide where to stay, how to fly, what to do, and where to eat
• Have a funny and friendly environment where the key objective is getting things done