The team of top-notch experts who drive research in emerging technologies and implement cutting-edge technological solutions for our clients. Our R&D team applies expertise in machine learning, engineering, and classical science to cross-disciplinary research spanning from human-computer interaction and bioinformatics to computational finance and computer vision. We run multiple technology and academic partnerships and expose our research at global events and conferences.
A professional with:
• Ph.D. or Master in Bioinformatics, Cheminformatics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Science, or a Physical science or equivalent experience, with a solid background in applied data analysis
• Commercial experience in a drug discovery startup or big pharma company (e.g., Novartis, Pfizer, Bayer, etc.) will be a plus
• Proven research track (research papers, case studies, open-source, research internships, etc)
• Software development hands-on experience (Python is required, other languages are big pluses)
Machine Learning and Data Science skills
• Familiar with at least one Deep Learning library (e.g., Tensorflow, PyTorch), developed at least one custom model
• Familiar with at least one cloud platform (GCP, AWS, Azure)
• Experience in working with molecular (SMILES, SMARTS, .pdb, etc), sequence (FASTA, BAM, VCF, etc.) data, and bioinformatics/cheminformatics databases (ChEMBL, PubChem, Protein Data Bank, GenBank, dbVar, etc.)
• Working knowledge of bioinformatics/cheminformatics tools (e.g., GATK, CDK, RDKit, OEChem, etc.), concepts, and approaches.
• Experience in the analysis of microarray and sequence data will be a plus
• Experience in target and biomarker discovery will be a plus
• Strong initiative and demonstrated ability to take ownership of challenging problems
• A real passion for innovation, creativity, and an openness to new ideas as well as having the experience and knowledge necessary to deliver strong scientific results
• Oral and written English of upper-intermediate level or higher
YOU WANT TO WORK WITH
• Participation in cross-disciplinary research and development at the intersection of chemistry, biology, and software engineering
• Solving complex problems in domains of drug discovery, personalized medicine, biotechnology manufacturing, and genetic engineering
• Promotion of machine learning and data science best practices, such as scalable training and deployment, model introspection and evaluation, new state-of-the-art implementations, etc.
• Defining the analytical and technical problems in applying artificial intelligence and machine learning to develop new solutions and deliver applied research within the team
• Creation of prototypes and demos
• Publishing research papers
• Presentation of results of the research and technology demos at top-tier research and business events all over the world
• Supporting business development efforts: marketing, presentations, presales, etc.
TOGETHER WE WILL
• Work on the intersection of software engineering and natural sciences
• Drive innovation and excellence in bioinformatics/cheminformatics, advocating novel approaches and methods to accelerate the drug discovery process
• Collaborate with world-leading R&D customers on bringing to life challenging ideas
• Support your technical and personal growth — we have a dedicated career plan for all roles in our company
• Enjoy flexible working hours — whether you are a morning bird or a sleepy-head, it is ok with us
• Take part in internal and external events where you can build and promote your personal brand