SoftServe is looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our professional team.
Data scientist is a person who knows how to apply math to the real world problems. He/she is passionate about innovations and loves complex non-trivial problems without known solutions. Data scientist loves learning and lifelong education, he/she keeps his/her finger on the pulse of state of the art techniques in statistics/probability, data mining, machine learning and willingly shares this knowledge with others. He/she is a team player who strives to understand in-depth the business problem he/she is going to solve and works within the team of data scientists to figure out the best solution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide data analysis
• Develop statistical/probabilistic/data mining/machine learning models
• Improve accuracy of existing systems by enriching them with advanced analytical models
• Help decision makers make decisions based on data
• Provide consulting on data driven approach as a business strategy
• Master degree in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or similar
• In lieu of degree: evidences of having relevant level of theoretical knowledge in statistics/probability, data mining and machine learning
Skills & Abilities:
• Understanding the theoretical concepts of statistics/probability, data mining, machine learning
• Understanding how these theoretical concepts could be applied to real world problems
• Ability to understand the nature of the business problem and see the place of analytical models in the solution
• Ability to provide data analysis, understand hidden correlations and patterns
• Ability to develop statistical, data mining and machine learning models
• Ability to create and test models in one or more of the following: Matlab/Octave, R, Python+NumPy/SciPy
• Ability to communicate in written and oral English
Additional Skills and Abilities:
• Skills in parallel processing (MapReduce, GraphLab or similar) is a plus
• Understanding of economical models is a plus
• Understanding of US business and management sciences (organizational behavior, marketing, product management, business analysis, etc.) is a plus
• Experience with Business Intelligence solutions is a plus
• Passion to learning and education
• Team player
• Business orientation
• Result orientation
It’s more than a Career!
• Challenging and interesting projects for Fortune 500 companies;
• Your personal Career Advisor & individual career map;
• Certification center and language school.
Get compensation you deserve!
• Competitive salary & bonus system;
• Corporate doctors available 24/7;
• SoftServe discount program;
• Full social package;
• A truly flexible working schedule.
Have fun with us!
• An unforgettable corporate events;
• Fully equipped gyms & relax zones;
• And even more...
Join Team of Best Employer in Ukraine!