Imagine branching out and trying out your skills in the international arena, learning from committed professionals from the US, Brazil, Poland, and Ukraine. And at the same time having your like-minded teammates and feeling part of things. Tempting?
People have infinite ideas, Softjourn gives them life
It all began in Silicon Valley in 2001 with one Information Systems graduate Emmy Gengler taking a plunge and starting a company called Softjourn (more can be found here and here). In 2005, together with a young programming enthusiast Sergiy Fitsak they opened an R&D office in the heart of Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine. Then in 2015 there was Wroclaw, Poland, and now in 2023 in São Paulo, Brazil.
With 17+ years of unique experience, 300+ amazing employees, 1000+ successful project launches, 30+ beautiful countries on our map, 4.85 average client rating there is so much we can offer You! Among our awards throughout these years there is one that stands out as we are trendsetters in the Women In The Tech movement — we are honored to be one of the top Women-Owned Software Development Companies in 2022 by Clutch!
Our Core Values — Are you a match?
- We code according to the principle Live Through Software!
- Our creative and bright Softjourners are a mixture of nationalities. Thus, a crucial part of our identity is to Think Human and build meaningful relationships and an inclusive environment. Have a look here!
- Our Just Improve principle means that we are always ready for new challenges. Are you?
- If, like us, you never settle for “good enough” when something can be great, if you are keen on Doing One More Thing, you found the right place.
Since the full-scale war broke out, we’ve been going the extra mile to make sure our Ukrainian colleagues are safe and supported in every possible way
— many of them were relocated to relatively safer places in Ukraine, some received assistance moving abroad. Our offices are equipped with power generators and constant access to the Internet in case we again face power outages. Our people are our top priority and we provide them with all we can for them to feel more protected, e. g. military and tactical medicine training at Softjourn. Softjourners that are now fighting on the front line feel our gratitude and support — we’ve bought and sent to the front various military equipment. To learn more about how our Mutual Assistance Fund
helps the military, check out the latest article on kurs.if.ua
And never will our bravest fallen heroes be forgotten! To commemorate their courage, their exceptional love for Ukraine and their sacrifice, there is Memory Wall
in our office in Ukraine. Forever in our minds, forever in our hearts.
The Go Global Initiative
Are you ever stuck for ideas? Do you need to boost your creativity? Join Softjourn and open yourself to other cultures, and different mindsets! In 2021, Softjourn chose the path to Going Global and since then we haven’t stopped adding more and more professionals from around the world to our team (growing 12% globally and 10% in Ukraine in 2022). The year 2023 started with another milestone — our R&D office in Sao Paulo!
We believe in synergy, we embrace the unique ideas of our overseas colleagues, we think outside the box. And we are confident YOU also do!
- Medical insurance
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work from the office/remotely/hybrid
- 20 workdays of paid vacation annually
- Paid sick leave
- Hardware tailored to your position
- Dedicated mentor and assistance of a project consultant — you will receive help with setting your expectations as well as guidance and feedback
- A huge selection of learning resources in our Knowledge Library
- Professional development (online courses, certifications, etc.)
- Free group English classes;
one-on-one English classes (the company will cover 50% of the course fees)
- Accounting support