SoftConstruct Ukraine is a large product company with Armenian roots.
We develop solutions in the fields of Big Data, Data Science and CryptoExchange. We combine our expertise in iGaming software development with advanced technologies to develop original software such as sports statistics, risk analysis, security. In most cases, we deal with atypical projects for the market, try to find and generate new technology-based solutions in our field.
We support our colleagues who actively participate in all spheres of our country’s defense, as well as help in the development of solutions, technical security support — the information sector of the state. We are ready to offer work for IT specialists who need it.
If you are looking for a Leading role in Python specialization and have relevant experience we would be more the happy to offer you our position Head of Python Engineering.
SoftConstruct is the innovator in the field of big data and computer vision among Ukrainian IT companies.
We combine our extensive experience in the development of SportTech software with advanced technologies to develop original software for sports statistics, risk analysis and security. We also develop and support existing technical solutions, solve urgent complex problems and take care of safety, social responsibility and the rapid growth of eSports on a global scale.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience and understanding of Python: Best practicies of writing the code, profiling and debugging knowledge
- Experience working on NoSQL databases: Elasticsearch (queries, indexes, sharding, performance tuning), Redis
- Experience working on relational databases: PostgreSQL or Microsoft SQL Server (queries, indexes, sharding, partitioning, performance tuning)
- Experience working on Linux, Kubernetes, Docker: Being able to collaborate with DevOps (view logs, create K8S deployments, etc)
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals: OOP / FP, algorithms, data structures, graphs, trees
- Extensive knowledge of best practices in software design and design patterns: Can make design of the component, Software Development Life Cycle, Bugfix flow, Unit test, gitflow, etc.
- Experience in code review process: Work with PR, be able to detect major issues in the code
- Technical Project management: Project risks, How to estimate high level projects. How to organise a continuous delivery. How to parallel tasks in project. What we must do with bad requirements and contradict with proper technical solutions? Technical backlog. Time to market.
- Experience in designing, implementing RESTful API’s: Aiohttp, FastAPI
- Experience in Django framework
Nice to have:
- Experience with Cloud Services: Google Cloud, AWS, etc
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse concepts
- Some experience in any Graph databases: Neo4j, AgensGraph
- Some experience working with Workflow tools: such as Apache Airflow
- Some experience with near real-time data processing: Kafka Streams or similar
- Experience with Data visualization/Business Intelligence tools: Metabase, Superset or similar
- Problem-solving: ability to analyze the cause of a problem and decide how to decide
- Communication and Teamwork: a complex of negotiation skills, presentation skills, the ability to find compromises and work in a team
- Time Management: ability to use your time productively and efficiently
- Creativity and Proactive: ability to think about a task or a problem in a new or different way, ability to anticipate events so that he/she can take control of a situation and prepare for the situation ahead of time
- Autonomy: being able to make, implement and review decisions based on appropriate techniques
- Influence: abilities to encourage and persuade others to adopt your ideas
- Complexity: Performs a range of work, sometimes complex and non-routine, in a variety of environments. Applies a methodical approach to routine and moderately complex issue definition and resolution. Applies and contributes to creative thinking or finds new ways to complete tasks
- Attention to detail: ability to accomplish/complete a task while demonstrating a thorough concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small
Nice to have:
- Efficiency: teams costs, save company’s money
- Team skills improvements: L&D, IDPs, Promotions, Salary review
GOALS & ASPIRATIONS
- Ensuring that the department is delivering high-quality, stable, and scalable applications that meet the needs of the organisation
- Building and managing a team of skilled developers who are motivated and engaged in their work
- Staying up-to-date with the latest developments in technologies, and implementing them in the department’s work as appropriate
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with other departments and stakeholders within the organisation, to ensure that the department’s work is aligned with the overall goals of the organisation
- Managing the department’s budget and resources effectively, and ensuring that all projects are delivered on time and within budget
- Continuously improving the department’s development processes and methodologies, to ensure that they are efficient and effective.
- Building a department that is recognized as a center of excellence for development within the organisation
- Leading the department to consistently deliver projects that exceed customer expectations and contribute to the success of the organisation
- Developing a team of highly skilled and motivated developers who are recognized as experts in their field
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU
- The opportunity to lead a large technological direction, build and expand a strong Python community in the company
- Use your experience and knowledge to offer innovative approaches, thanks to which to work with challenges
- Annual leave: 20 working days per year
- All paid sick days with a doctor’s note (no limit on the number of times. But for 1 time it is paid up to 2 weeks)
- Registration in any format within Diia.City at the employee’s choice (Employment contract, Gig-contract)
- Individual English classes at EnglishDom online school (compensation within 50% of the amount of expenses)
- €450 / year budget for training and / or sports (compensation within 50% of the amount of expenses) after probationary period
- Corporate program of psychological support
- Free health insurance after probationary period
Sounds interesting? Then apply now, why wait?