SocialTech is a product IT company where we recreated the venture capital world. As venture builder we kick off and run startups with focus on analytics, data and machine learning.
Currently, SocialTech has eight projects, millions of users around the world and a strong team of more than 400 professionals with deep expertise and ambitious goals. And we are aimed at growing our business.
Our goal for the next five years is to have 10-15 successful projects in the company’s portfolio, five of which are valued more than $1 bln or exceed $100 mln in annual revenue. To make this possible, we are building first-class business infrastructure and are looking for talents with a strong desire to create breakthrough projects
We are currently looking for a Senior MySQL DBA/Database Engineer to join our strong Software Development team (10+FTE) and work with our high-load products (100k operations/sec).
Strategic challenges and objectives:
- Database health monitoring and troubleshooting;
- Work with massive amounts of data.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Collaborate with engineers, DBAs, and DevOps teams on technical issues;
- Provide support to developers and QAs as required;
- Maintain system monitoring of the database servers. Slow query reporting;
- Participate in database restructuring and management;
- Work on schema design and data modeling.
- Experience with administering MySQL server;
- Basic performance, query, and index optimization;
- Confident knowledge of MySQL backup solutions;
- Good understanding of monitoring requirements;
- Good understanding of replication principles;
- Comfortable with collaborative tools, such as Slack, wikis, Subversion, and basic ticket tracking systems (YouTrack, Jira).
- Fast learner and creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills;
- Effective team member with a high level of motivation and ability to work with little supervision;
- Dynamic self-starter with high attention to detail, highly responsible and reliable;
- The ideal candidate will be able to work from the office.
- Previous work experience with Python, Golang, Shell, or other programming languages;
- Previous work experience with relational databases, such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, and NoSQL DBs: MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis, etc;
- Good understanding of load balancers, DNS, networking, and/or client-side drivers.
By choosing us you get:
- Opportunity to work with a multi-million audience;
- Career growth and professional development with various internal training and seminars, access to an extensive book library, English language classes, chance to participate in key IT industry events worldwide (attending the conferences);
- Work in a great team. We pay special attention to the recruitment and development of talent. All the members of our team are young, active, and highly motivated for creative problem-solving;
- New spacious and modern office space in Podil (5 min from Tarasa Shevchenka metro station) with free breakfasts and lunches, and selections of snacks available at your choice, as well as weekly thematic lectures, Sony PlayStation 4 Pro, outdoor terrace, and many more exciting things;
- Employee wellness program, which includes running sessions, football, basketball, and other sports. The cost of sports activities is fully covered by the company. In-house doctor support is also available on demand;
- Health insurance is available for all employees.