Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a C++ Software Engineer to join Team Snapchat to support building various tools and applications. You will cover various platforms and environments but the consistent thread is producing high quality code and having high-level input in the design and implementation of these products.
Snapchat is the camera used by over 150 million people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly-curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
What you’ll do:
• Contribute your coding skills to new internal and external products and tools
• Do code reviews and care about code quality, while also iterating quickly
• Build robust, lasting, and scalable products
What we’re looking for:
• Exceptional C++ coding skills
• 3+ years of software engineering experience
• Experience working with OpenGL or other graphics API is a plus
• BS/BA degree in a technical field such as Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Experience in any of the following: Java, Objective-C is a plus
• Knowledge of Git VCS
• Experience with image processing
• Has worked on mobile platforms, Android or iOS
• Experience in computer vision is a plus
• You love learning and are passionate about helping others
• Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• A passion for Snapchat and creativity