Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer! Working from our Odessa office, you’ll collaborate with designers, and other developers in our Los Angeles, CA headquarter to create future Snap products.
Working on this team is a very rewarding experience: you will have a significant impact on core technologies, directly owning and driving high-level features from planning through implementation, be involved in all stages of the software development lifecycle, solving complex technical problems that will impact millions of daily users. As the project is pretty young, there is no heavy burden of legacy code.
Some of the Snap technologies in action.
Technical requirements are similar to any game development or rendering position: you should know optimization techniques, have the fundamentals required to develop a renderer that can draw geometry with a few light sources and normal map and be familiar with popular game engines. You should think of yourself as technology enthusiast and professional in your area.
You should have exceptional technical skills, be an independent thinker and strong problem solver, communicating effectively with peers across multiple time-zones. You should be able to work with minimal direction, asking questions as-needed to complete tasks in an
• Develop features for Snapchat’s core AR graphics engine, utilizing modern C++ and OpenGL/Metal APIs
• Invent new approaches in real-time rendering and write highly optimized code
• 5+ years of commercial C++ experience
• 3+ years of OpenGL or Metal API experience
• Experience with C++11 and newer
• Experience in game engine development
• Linear algebra and geometry
• Experience in mobile development
• Physics engine integration or development
• 3D Editor or internal tool development
• Experience with C++17
• Experience with Qt
• Personal games or related projects
• Programming competitions participation
• Optimization experience